Bitlive Reunion.

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Lee's PeeknPoke
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lee's PeeknPoke »

Mayhem wrote:Too far sadly...
Too far? what was brighton to us? :D
no come on, its only about 20 quid to get up here, Mat

Lee
Visit Lee at PeeknPoke
-play old games, cry into your beer-
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> brighton to us?
Brighton to Mat was hard work which needs weeks to recover from, eh Mat? I'm still not fully recovered...

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

That thought had occured to me too lee.

anyway sorry i havn't got all the information online yet, but i'm sorting something out with Chris Abbott. I'll let you all know exactly whats what as soon as i can.

*please note: this is only a get together with people from the scene (it's not a bitlive event or anything simular. No SID, NO Computer stuffs, etc... It's just a piss-up and a good night out in Manchester with some of the coolest guys around*
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Warren or anyone else in the know:....

We need a pub ofcourse, so any tips for a great meeting place prefferably near the train station?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yeah, I had to spend the best part of £10,000 to put on an event to persuade people to come to Brighton... it's much more difficult to justify travelling half the length of the country for a pissup, no matter how top-hole the company is :)

Also, anyone here who hasn't bought Project: Galway yet, why not do it now? It's a must for any SID lover.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe. you grow old too quickly chris ;)

I've travelled the length and breadth of the UK on nights out with pals. maybe some of us just never grow up LOL
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Tas wrote:Warren or anyone else in the know:....

We need a pub ofcourse, so any tips for a great meeting place prefferably near the train station?
Is this on the Friday night?

If so, most of you will be coming into Manchester Piccadilly station, I imagine. Now to be honest, there aren't that many pubs near the station itself, and those that are aren't the nicest ever. So you may have to walk a bit to find somewhere to be brutally honest with you.

Friday nights can be pretty busy in Manchester, but one I can particularly recommend that isn't too far away is The Waterhouse on Princess Street. It's a Wetherspoons place (read: cheap beer) but without none of the annoying scroats that hang out on Wetherspoons in Piccadilly (and believe me, they are!). The Waterhouse doesn't get too full and there's lots of small rooms within to sit in and chat, due to the layout of the building (it was converted from old offices, possibly why not everyone recognises it straight away).

I'll try and sort some directions out that are easy to folow at some point (maybe even with pics..)

Should also add a fair number of city centre pubs don't allow people with trainers on in the pub, so be warned!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Is The Blob Shop still there Waz?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Well it's a Saturday event tho some of us will be there on the friday. But generally it's Saturday 29th November.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

dan gillgrass wrote:Is The Blob Shop still there Waz?
Nope. Got renamed a few years ago and has gone really downhill now, don't even bother with it.

I was thinking, we could actually hire somewhere on the Saturday night. I'm sure if I remember correctly that Font on New Wakefield Street (just behind Manchester Oxford Road train station) lets you hire out the basement for free most nights. I don't know if they still do it or not, but it might be worth a shot.

http://www.thefontbar.co.uk/

There's a contact email and phone number.

Now, as they have TV screens downstairs (go there meself at work lunchtimes!) there's a possibility of rigging up a C64 for some gaming action, if anyone's up for 8 player World Games (huh huh, caber toss ;) I can easily lug all the C64 gear from my place.

Neil, if you need details of hotels and stuff, email me.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I highly recommend the XANADU Bar :)
Lee's PeeknPoke
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lee's PeeknPoke »

funny as I didnt really talk to most of the people here at BIT2003, who will be going to Manchester but I will make the effort to show my face and meet up, I know Warren of course. I'm Lee BTW :)

plus its only a small busride for me this time :D :D .

Waz, the c64 idea sounds good! and this sounds like it could be a good beer night out. The website says
"free hire :: to groups from 30 to 300
just call to book a space for free"

so will can we get 30 people to go??

is everyone doing a Fri-Sat thing??

Lee
Visit Lee at PeeknPoke
-play old games, cry into your beer-
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

The other thing that makes life harder is that I don't have any time left to take off from work this year. Hence I wouldn't be able to get up there until mid afternoon on Saturday (given trains etc or driving)...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Ok i'm in a bit of quandry to how i came about setting all this up since it wasn't my bloody idea in the first place :shock:

Ok, so if someone has to then i suppose it'd better be me...

So should we all agree with the Wetherspoons pub which Warren Mentioned?

The idea would be for us all to meet up on the Satuday 29th of November around noon time so we can have a few pints and a bite to eat. (That'd be the official time of the gathering)

However many will be going on the friday for a few bevvies so We'll set that for a 7pm meet at the same place.

If there's no problems with that i'll look into making an official announcement.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Tas wrote:The idea would be for us all to meet up on the Satuday 29th of November around noon time so we can have a few pints and a bite to eat. (That'd be the official time of the gathering)
Easy solution: if everyone likes Chinese, meet at Buffet City around the corner on Portland Street for all you can eat. I can then take you on the Manchester softcos tour which will include:

* Software Creations
* Ocean (old) and Ocean (new) - marvel at the logo! :)
* English Software

Might be an idea. Neil, did you look into booking Font on the Saturday night?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)