Unreal Turbo:-Njoy

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
M.A.F
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Unreal Turbo:-Njoy

Post by M.A.F »

Oh i like this!

This is class.
Dont know the original version,dont care though.Im a fan of Ryen after Galwayremixed.
This tune by N-joy is so sweet on the ears(i have big ears),excellent lead sound with that warble,crisp percussion,love that snare,a FANTASTIC bassline i love it to bits,and plenty effects,pads and wobbly bits to please!

Not enough variation melodywise throught the tune but it doesnt detract.
Whatever its up there with my other sonicaly pleasing fave,Cirdans-Red Sector Theme.

Class mix N-joy.

M.A.F
Not to be too pretentious you understand.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

I agree. Excellent work Njoy. The whole thing just gives me notalgia. I'm a sucker for that. The lead has a little too much vibrato on the lead here and there but overall it's great. Thumbs up.

@ Paul & Markus:
Any chance to see a reviews and info section for the Amiga tracks?

Rafael
LauriT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by LauriT »

Just a little note..

What a wonderful remix. Never heard the original though.
But I was wondering one thing: The ID tag says Unreal was composed by Tel but on amigaremix.com it reads R. Ouwehand. Hmm..?

Nicely produced btw.

// Lauri
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

According to Unexotica, the ingame music was composed by Charles Deenen and Reyn Ouwehand. When N-Joy submitted it, he entered Reyn Ouwehand as the composer, so that's what I put on the page.

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/games/Unreal.html
Paul Vanukoff
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

:?: Strangely though, it feels like a Deenen piece. It's probably more Deenen than Ouwenhand... Somebody should just ask Reyn I guess.

Rafael
n-joy

Post by n-joy »

Michael, Rafael, Lauri, Paul: thanks very much for your kind words; it's reviews like these that make we wanna make music...
About the paternity of this tune /Deneen? Ouwehand?), I believe you should check this link:
http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/games/Unreal.html
At the bottom, you'll see that the tune "Unreal/mon.flying", which I have covered, is credited to Reyn Ouwehand, albeit it sounds as a Charles Deneen one :)
Bye and stay tuned for my other Unreal remix, coming as soon as I find a decent saxophone player to play the solo :)
PMorph

Post by PMorph »

Effortless style.. reminds me of the times Amiga was first introduced - everyone was left stunned, gaping for breath :)
Splendid (2h non-stop 'till now..).
Reyn
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Reyn »

Great remix N-Joy.. And gives me some nice nostalgic feelings! Always good for somebody with a bad memory...

And yes, this track was done by me... I think the original is just 8k big or something since the game itself took already so much memory. I remember I had to make it in a weird editor (assembler) which only had 2 samples, a kick and a snare. The rest are just selfgenerated waveforms....

Long live ProTools I say...

Cheers,

Reyn.