The Info-Button

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

The Info-Button

Post by Dr.Future »

I still wonder about the functionality of the Info-Button.
In ancient times, this buttons brought you to the tune-info page, in most cases something like exotica or else. Today most of the Info-Buttons brings you to...the AmigaRemix-Homepage. Bug or Feature? :?:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

Me wonders too.
During the Vanukoff-years the provision of the tune-info page was left to the remixer himself, but this part of the upload-dialog disappeared in the period following, while the tune-info button on amigaremix remained.
Now to me it seems like an unnecessary workload for the members of the jury to search for every original tune on their own.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

This is one of the biggest things I'm working on for the site at the very moment. I've gone through all the tunes available on the site and found the original tracks (at least for about 99% of the tracks). There are a LOT of non-working links in the current database and as soon as I've finished the user interface to manage the original tracks as well during the upload process.

Now, this, and quite a few other changes to the backend system, is nearly finished, but after seeing how people respond to waiting for new releases and updates to sites (not only AR), I won't tell any estimation of when the new features will be released. You'll simply have to wait until it's all done and ready.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Ziphoid, thanx for the update. All the best to you and your team... :D
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
klasman
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: The Info-Button

Post by klasman »

Nice to hear that the original tunes will be hosted as well, saves me the trouble of searching the web every time I miss the original... Tackar! :cheers:
[ the masters of pixel art @ http://nicepixel.se/ ]
klasman
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by klasman »

Any progress here??
[ the masters of pixel art @ http://nicepixel.se/ ]
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

klasman wrote:Any progress here??
See this thread instead.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com