BIT Live 2003 URLs and stuff

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

merman wrote:Apologies to anyone who tried to view my site yesterday - the JPEG files were so large it took several minutes to load, even on broadband. Switching to GIFs didn't help, as the pictures became very blurry.

BUT!

Version 3 of the page is now online, so look and enjoy. I also added some links for certain people featured...
Some of the pictures don't look quite right on the page - a little stretched. Especially the pic I'm in at the Prodigal! My head's enormous as it is without a bit more adding to it :lol:

IMHO just resizing the pictures in something like Paint Shop Pro would have done :)

Paul
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I did say this was my first attempt at HTML, Paul. Other people have mentioned the rescaling, if I get time today I will work on version 4...

I don't have Paint Shop Pro, or any serious graphic tools at the moment. I'm a newbie when it comes to PC graphics.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

merman wrote:I did say this was my first attempt at HTML, Paul. Other people have mentioned the rescaling, if I get time today I will work on version 4...

I don't have Paint Shop Pro, or any serious graphic tools at the moment. I'm a newbie when it comes to PC graphics.
I know you said it was your 1st attempt at HTML. :) I wasn't judging the site on the strength of the 1st version - only offering constructive criticism as to help for the site.

I appreciate that you have made the effort to create a website. Not everyone (myself included) has done that.

If you are looking for places to get a good graphics tool, try download.com or cnet.com. Paint Shop Pro does a decent job for me with picture rescaling so that should suffice.

I'm on version 5 but don't know what version you can get on the links I've just given at this time. If you are just getting links to downloading demos of Paint Shop Pro, let me know :wink:

Paul
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ok so i said screw the Ctalyst2 host - crap service anyways, I instalkled apache and perl myself, here the URL :( should be NO acess problems now :D

http://www.dmf.kicks-ass.net/bitlive/frameset.html

Thx :D
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Finally get to see them ;)
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Finally get to see them ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

No reason why not now - im local hosting on my own apache server and theres nothing in the way.... no special permissions or user connection limits, no server overload or performance % drop. Im also hosting a public FTP service and a Perl forum service; no access issues reported across over 200 users - so im kinda at a loss to explain it andreas.. sorry.

Speaking of which, wheres the Boz shop gawne ? I clicked the link yesterday and ZIPPOLA - NADDA - NO BIT LIVE SHOP !! ... Boz if ur reading this, i sent a request for that shopping script ;) i didnt get a reply ** nudge nudge wink wink ow's ya farther ** lol ...

Yup my server is TCP through a router with port 80 forwarding setup across 2 10/100 LAN cards and a dyndns IP URL. Current support only for Perl, but PHP-Nuke and MySQL will follow.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ok so im learning lol .... i took a look into why you couldnt reach the site - seems my lan card decided (with auto IP) change its IP by 1 digit - ive setup the default gateway and subnet mask now and the card has a fixed IP - it WILL now work....

Have no idea why it changed mid operation - just 1 of those things i suppose - but fixed anyway - just niggles im sure as I learn about hosting.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

@Matrix : Is that normal, that your machine comes from port 30080 to knock on my port 1501 ? Just curious...
All is lost.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Not sure i understand what you mean Volsa ? are you saying that my PC is singling you out for unwarranted connections ? - If you came to the forum, even as a guest, then cookies will more than likly be written, the forum depends on them, beyond that i dont run any kind of probing software. The port-forwarding options in the router only open port 21 for the members ftp service and 80 for the http service; fraid i dont know what those ports are you're reffering to.

[edit] - I also open port 12300 for running the treadmarks game server and 12311 for the private arranged matches server, I dont open anything that high though.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Certainly my friend :) - I dont see your email here, so drop me one first letting me know how much I can send in megabytes. Whatever happened to your pics bro - I think they are the only ones I havent collected :) and i have about 70 megs worth now hehe...
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Right, after 7 months of being a lazy git, I've finally got all my photos from Brighton uploaded to a photo gallery. :roll: :)

Hope it's worth the wait for those of you who were waiting (it's waaay too late so talking even more bollocks than usual... :lol: )

Click the link at the bottom then, when the Ofoto login page loads up, just click on the blue 'View Photos' button to access the gallery. Set it so you don't have to register as I didn't want to annoy those people who might not want to register just to see a few photos. :)

Paul

http://www.ofoto.co.uk/I.jsp?c=ky42ky9. ... 0&y=96gvpd
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Paul Chapman wrote:Right, after 7 months of being a lazy git, I've finally got all my photos from Brighton uploaded to a photo gallery. :roll: :)

Hope it's worth the wait for those of you who were waiting (it's waaay too late so talking even more bollocks than usual... :lol: )

Click the link at the bottom then, when the Ofoto login page loads up, just click on the blue 'View Photos' button to access the gallery. Set it so you don't have to register as I didn't want to annoy those people who might not want to register just to see a few photos. :)

Paul

http://www.ofoto.co.uk/I.jsp?c=ky42ky9. ... 0&y=96gvpd
It's probably a good idea to close the pop-up window that appears as it starts a slideshow of all the photos that cycle a bit too quickly, IMHO.

Click on the 1st photo then use the arrows to cycle through the photos at your leisure.

And yes, Merman, I admit it's a cop out to do an instant photo gallery when you made a valiant attempt to do some HTML with your site. I just couldn't be bothered. :D

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'