evryone safe?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

evryone safe?

Post by Analog-X64 »

Just seeing whats going on in the U.K. please stay safe.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: evryone safe?

Post by Commie_User »

Britain's not that small an island that we all see the trouble from our windows! You'd think nothing was happening where I live.

Though I will say that our weakened police need to wait to be told to use normal anti-riot methods now. But when they are I would hope the scum responsible for the trouble will come to know what a whole heap of trouble is really about.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Looking over as an Englishman living in Canada now, I've gotta say I'm kinda embarrassed to be British at the mo. Regardless of social or political problems, this kind of behaviour just reinforces the stereotype that the British are a bunch of beer swilling hooligans. Sighh.. You know what Commie, I'm not so much embarrassed as well,... disappointing, really.. Think that's a better description.

Still trying to find a decent answer for when people at work or friends ask me about "those riots over in England"..

Personally, send the damn army in.. forget the stupid civil rights act of these clowns and bring peace and order back for those who want it..
Mog
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mog »

I actually live quite close to some of the affected London areas, but thankfully have not seen anything except shuttered shops and heavy police presence...

Mog
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

For as long as the idiots in the political class make excuses, there'll be ever more trouble. Anybody shifty gets their turn sooner or later - except normal people who are never tolerated. I'm just surprised it's taken years to escalate to this level.

It's 'deprivation', they say. It's 'racism', the 'police', 'poverty', people 'alienating' them. I saw that rubbish in the PC comic-cuts Independent newspaper. Whatever the pretext (a policeman shot somebody), as in France it's just the excuse for savages with chips on their shoulders to bite the hand which feeds them, night after night after night after night.

I guess that's what to say to your pals at work. It's the condensed version but who needs to drone on, using as many difficult words as possible, at a time like this?
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Do we really want to get into Politics?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Religion and Politics = a No No for forums.

I was simply checking in to see if everyone was doing ok, cant really tell where what happened based on where people on this site live based on what is being shown on TV on this side of the planet.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

It's always the same with England though. People hear about trouble in London and seem to assume that means people who live three or four hundred miles away are affected. If there was a riot in New York, no-one would ask if the people in Atlanta are OK...

And I say round them all up. All the right wingers calling for the return of the death penalty, the return of National Service and cutting off benefits to looters.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

This most probably has relation to what's happening in the US at the moment... people waking up to the result of moneymen in the top elite who are readily robbing nation state after nation state, destroying the middleclass slowly and secure... and before anyone screams CONSPIRACY THEORIST!, then please look around you for information on the topic, but please try the alternative media also, and not just blatantly trust everything you hear from governments and press.

www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com

good places to start if you REALLY want to know who's f****** with the world society at the moment...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I find the problem with the alternative media is they expect you to blatantly trust them, too, and get quite offended and hostile when you don't.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> not just blatantly trust everything you hear from governments and press.
Indeed. But when I hear someone saying those words (for instance, my mum!), what they're actually saying is "believe nothing you hear from the governments and press", rather than "evaluate each piece of information logically and with regard to motivations and hidden factors". Bullsh*t filters should be installed all round, I think, no matter where the information comes from.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

C64GLeN wrote:Do we really want to get into Politics?
agreed

I`m not here for politic-talking ;) byebye
*jumps back to the WIP-section*
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Is it politics talking if I say that looting is a bad answer for bad politics ?

And get that kids out of there! What kind of stupid fucks get kids involved in riots ??!!
All is lost.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

...Or, for that matter, emotionally blackmailing striking teachers giving kids placards to wave.
dickhead teachers.jpg
dickhead teachers.jpg (216.73 KiB) Viewed 10518 times
But if only those boneheads actually bothered to work at the job they claim a vocation, then they may have given the kid some LITERATE material to work with! No wonder the hard crust of troublemaking teachers hated pay-by-performance and clamoured for even shorter hours, a 4-day week with one day ending at noon! Too much incompetent boobery to cover over!

...people waking up to the result of moneymen in the top elite who are readily robbing nation state after nation state, destroying the middleclass slowly and secure...
It's not a class issue it's a scum issue. They'd behave the same anyway. Otherwise, the 1930s Depression would have been marked by high-octane destruction in every major city. "We're poor. Let's trash the place......" - I see!

And I say round them all up. All the right wingers calling for the return of the death penalty, the return of National Service and cutting off benefits to looters.
Round them up and put them in charge of dealing with those who have looted, assaulted and burned their way across Britain.
Last edited by Commie_User on 11/08/2011 - 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Oh, please. This is exactly why we don't do politics in here. Now behave, before things get out of hand.