Matrix Revolutions!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

I don't understand the bad reviews either. I think it roxx! (Alas the reason I initially started this thread).
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

NO! please! not the MWAM (matrix within a matrix)-theory again! it was already disproved in endless forum-threads!
I have yet to see a compelling argument to debunk that theory, and it makes perfect sense regarding why Neo can stop the sentinels, and why he sees the way he does in the third film. Aside from that theory, you simply have to fall back on a basic "superhero" idea - that Neo is some kind of "Superman" with "special" powers. Personally, I prefer the idea that the Matrix has (at least) two levels, and that's what we've so far seen. This also explains away the massive level of technology that the humans have been able to construct from nothing.

Having weighed it up, I still reckon Neo, in the second and third film, is effectively Norton AntiVirus. Many of the characters are software, albeit an evolved form of software from a far future.
according to the wachowsky bros matrix was intended as a triology from the start!
Well, I'm sure they'd say that, rather than they wrote the original, it made shit-loads of money, and then they decided to cash-in! To be quite frank, if you watch the way the movies work and look at how they are written, the original was obviously designed to be standalone, whereas the other two weren't.
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

Well, I'm sure they'd say that, rather than they wrote the original, it made shit-loads of money, and then they decided to cash-in! To be quite frank, if you watch the way the movies work and look at how they are written, the original was obviously designed to be standalone, whereas the other two weren't.
I def. agree :lol:
The first movie is far too outstanding and complex in itself !!
Well, money is the only <b>reason</b> why they made 2 & 3 i guess and it's not a bad one :wink:

cheers
TOM:::...
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by arvirus »

tom wrote: The first movie is far too outstanding and complex in itself !!
that's no reason why it wasn't be planned as a triology from the start! :shock:
tom wrote:Well, money is the only <b>reason</b> why they made 2 & 3 i guess...

well, that's YOUR opinion and not a fact! :wink:

/arvid
[ http://www.arvirus.de - more than meets the eye]
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:lol:
YUP, that's true, mate!

ceein' ya
TOM::::::..
arvirus