Report from BIT 4 in Brighton ....

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

haha! Lars ya see not all of your humor is dodgy ;)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Tas wrote:haha! Lars ya see not all of your humor is dodgy ;)
Humor? What humor?
<--- I went that way --->
Yodelking
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Yodelking »

Dr.Future wrote:Hehe, it was "Big Cinema" as we call it in Germany what Markus Schneider was doing... :twisted:
Stumbled into PPOT's & my room at 1 AM aon Sunday, then noticing "Huh, where's all my stuff?" and leaving again...
Coming back at 3 AM, whining "Huh, I've lost EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING...". Then "Who cares? Who needs anything?"...hehe... :shock:
Tryin' to get the light on in the bathroom for about 5 minutes, then "Who cares? Who needs light anyway?"... :P
Finally didn't manage to get the bed ready "Man, who needs all this stuff" and finally shot pillows and sheets in the corner...
What a show! :twisted:
Too bad this doesn't get on the DVD!! I'd pay extra for this! :)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Yodelking wrote:
Dr.Future wrote:Hehe, it was "Big Cinema" as we call it in Germany what Markus Schneider was doing... :twisted:
Stumbled into PPOT's & my room at 1 AM aon Sunday, then noticing "Huh, where's all my stuff?" and leaving again...
Coming back at 3 AM, whining "Huh, I've lost EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING...". Then "Who cares? Who needs anything?"...hehe... :shock:
Tryin' to get the light on in the bathroom for about 5 minutes, then "Who cares? Who needs light anyway?"... :P
Finally didn't manage to get the bed ready "Man, who needs all this stuff" and finally shot pillows and sheets in the corner...
What a show! :twisted:
Too bad this doesn't get on the DVD!! I'd pay extra for this! :)
I agree in full :)
gazl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gazl »

Larsec wrote:
Tas wrote:haha! Lars ya see not all of your humor is dodgy ;)
Humor? What humor?
Hiya Larsec, nice to meet you and your fluffy toy at bitlive, I was the one getting you to say "thank you please" and "sex wee" :)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

gazl wrote:Hiya Larsec, nice to meet you and your fluffy toy at bitlive, I was the one getting you to say "thank you please" and "sex wee" :)
Yeah, I remember that, hi :) ... When I first got to Britain my accent was american... By the time I left it was a mix of God knows what and my tongue just wouldn't work anymore... Great experience :)

Oh, by the way... The fluffy toy's name is Buster for future reference :D
Tim Forsyth
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Tim Forsyth »

We had a nightmare at the start of the evening. We got to Brighton and parked up around 19:15. Found the front of The Brighton Centre and.... um, why are the doors locked up. Why are the lights off?

Spent the next 45 mins walking around phoning numbers and wondering what on earth was going on, until I spotted a sign inside marked, "Russell Road entrance -->". Found a street map and hey! we're in! Doh!

An hour in, my brother disappeared for 20 mins. Turns out he left to go down the local shop for Ciggies and came back telling us he'd met a few C64 fans on the way down. He said it was really surreal to find out that one of them was Gary Liddon's girlfriend!

My Bro's also got a very good picture of Rob Hubbard and Martin Galway's shoes!! intentional too-all in the name of art. :)
Punisher_Genetix

QUIZ!

Post by Punisher_Genetix »

Ok folks, since it seems most of us had a great time at the BIT show why not test your C64 knowledge.... I came up with an idea a few years ago for our website and its great fun... a C64 quiz.... theres random C64 questions fired at ya, for example.... what does the memory location sta$d012 do? :lol: so goto http://www.genesis-project.de and enter 'QUIZ' and have a go, thats if your brave enough, you might even get onto the high score table.... :wink:
-= Punisher - Genetix - GENESIS PROJECT C64 =- VISIT: http://WWW.GENESIS-PROJECT.DE
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

ha! thats almost as good as Markus Schneiders drunken where am i and who am i and how do i get home exibition. Classic one TIM =)

anyone else got any great stories, i'd love to hear them =)
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Wow long read, here's my little contrib.

What more praise to give then everything mentioned earlier? It was just great. I really felt like being back in the 80’s. Coding away until the early hours of the night and not getting enough sleep. Also about as little booz as then ;) Lots of laughs and tongue in cheek stuff, a weekend to fondly remember.

Not even the fact that a vip ticket didn’t have much value besides being a bit of a sponsor for the event or waiting for more than 4 hours for the minibus can’t change that feeling, just add to a great experience. Shame I couldn’t join you lot at the pub Friday night, I was looking forward to it. Anyway the girls probably won’t come with us the next time ;)

Getting out for a smoke and a walk, bumping into Benn and him on seeing our great continental looks, spontaneously starting a chat about why we drive on the ‘right’ side off the road. Priceless :P (what was it with Benn and his luggage at the end anyway, nobody would give him a hand?)

Sitting in the same very overdue minibus as PPOT (okay they where very late), chatting, singing the tune to Cannon Fodder etc. Those guy's know something about being on the road and passing the time. Theo we’ve got a nice picture off you sleeping and just the seatbelt saving you from smashing head first in the dash ;)

Markus S, next time we definitely must have a drink or two (hundred)

Chris and crew much respect for a job well done, you looked just like I felt at the end of the day, worn out but content.

Cheers and until next time,

Misser (whose thinking of getting the old c64’s out off the dust and finally finishing the WGI demo that somehow never got done)
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Mog wrote:(Did I really bend over? I was so trying to avoid doing so!)
Yeah you did just a bit, but only us lazy/old guys in the lounge/chilled laying lazy on the floor mode could have seen a bit off black.

We’ve got a few funny pictures off the ‘superman’ who was that anyway? I was almost expecting him to kiss the ground.
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
FromWithin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by FromWithin »

gazl wrote: Hiya Larsec, nice to meet you and your fluffy toy at bitlive, I was the one getting you to say "thank you please" and "sex wee" :)
Oh how I would have loved to have heard that! I think I would have nearly pissed myself! :lol:
Mike Clarke
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Misser, you have the superman chap on photo? must see have you uploaded it anywhere?
Barry

Thanks ya'll

Post by Barry »

Wanted to say thanks to everyone who I had the chance to sit and blether with, I had fun getting to meet everyone. Sorry I didnt get to hang around for long, got to hear the band practicing a couple of tracks and took pics, Mark on the fiddle... amazing stuff- sorry we didnt get to meet properly. It was a mad dash leaving around 5, flying back to scotland, getting a few hours kip then packing up the wife and child and flying to canada, then driving 3 hrs back to the states...

Will put my pics on website later tonight :)
Go Quietly Into the Night..... Not Bloody Likely....
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I got a real; corker of the "superman" type - will be on my photo page - ill upload it tonight ;)

Promise lol ...