Custom Cartoons

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Yeah but its not even going to make a dint unless enough ppl order one. For example, if the final amount was set at £10, then you have half that for the artist and £5 for you.... its not a lot really is it.... im more than happy to do it, but even 10 orders is only £50.... if it settled at £20 you can double that and its headway... not much into 4 grand, but a start.

As for membership - why not run it like kenz did the bouff site ? There were auctioning off stuff there and bids got pretty high, im sure he knows how to setup the members subscription thing.... as for the £1 a week raffle - since when has been illegal to hold a raffle ? and there IS something solid at the end of the month in the forum of a product from your shop.

Enough ppl want another BITLive, what remains to be seen is if they will actually put their money where their mouth is; i think the legal stuff is a minor thing that wouldnt even really come into play.

Get some cd's signed by Rob Ben Mark and MArtin, put up an auction ! - theres all kinds of ideas, but right now, im dry out of em and still waiting on input from the community about the cartoons (read the first post ppl) with Mark and SIR in the wings, waiting with interest.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> since when has been illegal to hold a raffle
The Gaming Acts regulate all sorts of things... you'd be very surprised.

Anyway, I'll chew this all over, don't think I've dismissed it out of hand because I can see pitfalls in it.

Chris
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Chris Abbott wrote:...Maybe a sort of itunes for RKO... but then you've got the next problem of getting permission from the remixers for "commercial" exploitation of their work. After all, some of them may not like me that much ;-) Chris[/i]

if you can make any money with my remixes (which i don't believe... :wink: )
feel free to take them.... i've got no problem with that !!!

...maybe we (the remixers) can put together a special remix cd
with HQ-remixes.... like a benefit cd to help you to get some money back...

...maybe it's just (another) silly idea from me.... :wink:

btw. i like you.... :D esp. all the work you've done for the scene....

cheers ifadeo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Aw... :oops:
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

ifadeo wrote:...maybe we (the remixers) can put together a special remix cd with HQ-remixes.... like a benefit cd to help you to get some money back...
Heh, we could call it BIT AID. ;)

Anyway, it's a really good idea and if enough people are willing to do it for free it would be excellent!

I'd do it for free. Hell...I am doing it for free.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Its times like this when every1 bands together for a common cause that you feel the "family" element coming through :)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Makke wrote:
ifadeo wrote:...maybe we (the remixers) can put together a special remix cd with HQ-remixes.... like a benefit cd to help you to get some money back...
Heh, we could call it BIT AID. ;)

Anyway, it's a really good idea and if enough people are willing to do it for free it would be excellent!

I'd do it for free. Hell...I am doing it for free.
sounds great !!! maybe we make a virtual remix album too, which means
you can download the tracks you like and pay only for the ones you downloaded....

btw. Remixers United for BIT AID..... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hehe... well, we'll see where it goes :)

Thanks guys :)

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

This is gettin a bit offtopic now, unless you guys want new cartoon avatars or cover art for BIT Aid ;)