BIT Lite / Rv - Comments

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Chris Abbott wrote:That was the guy who spent ages telling me he was going to download the ISO of the Audio CD from the DVD off Emule, and spent even longer telling me the best DVD ripping package (on the grounds that as a musician he was entitled to do it, since it's a tough world out there).
So what's this guys name? I'd love deprive him of his livelihood. I mean, it's only fair - it's a tough world out there.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Anyone care to explain what exactly it's about with that Feeblez guy? :)
his dancing was much to be desired, like Bez from happy mondays, only 20 times worse!!! :lol:
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

If the guy thinks that when he's sober, he needs a good kicking ffs. As he was drunk, I'd just let it by. And that's coming from someone who'se prolly been f'ed over by the music industry more than anyone else here...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

madfiddler wrote:If the guy thinks that when he's sober, he needs a good kicking ffs. As he was drunk, I'd just let it by. And that's coming from someone who'se prolly been f'ed over by the music industry more than anyone else here...
Nope, he was stone cold sober. He told me this during the rehearsals.

What kind of guy listens to an iPod in the middle of a live event anyway??

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

The kind of guy who doesnt pay for cds/dvds and rips them off emule
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

subzero wrote:The kind of guy who doesnt pay for cds/dvds and rips them off emule
And then boasts about his right to do it to the guy who released them...

He actually said the only reason he wouldn't be pirating the DVD was because he didn't have the bandwidth.

But he justified himself by saying that at least he wouldn't be distributing it himself. Woop.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

There's always one numpty!
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

perhaps we can try and catch him out on the yakyak board then. I mean, what sort of communty will sit back and allow one of its members rip off another member(s)....
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

If we're having a coordinated go, count me in.
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

It's one thing to rip the cd's to an mp3 device or home server (as I have) if you bought the cd's, and its totally another thing to download them free!

Speaking for me, I have this weird obsession for original things. It's a bit strange in a world seemingly full of people who download loads of stuff from emule etc. Last count I had almost 400 dvd's and 400 cd's. Its taken me 14 years and rob-knows-how-much money to get there but I'm happy. The only time I *have* downloaded something is if I'm looking for a track or if I want to hear a particular band. I've gone out and bought most of a band's back catalogue based upon a track that I've downloaded and tried out.

Btw - did anyone else notice the almost Spinal Tap moment with Sd80's? There was one point where the smoke machine went into overdrive and the front right of the stage looked like a Motorhead gig. Couldn't see Ben or the bassist (sorry, I don't know his name)! All you guys needed was several six foot plastic pods to emerge from :)

I definitely think you guys should tour more. And play for about three hours longer.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Trying to make a point or have an opinion on yakyak is close to pointless, once the old boy network gets their collective teeth in you've had it. Ya may need some band-aid's and bandages for the holes in your back too.
muguk
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by muguk »

Tas wrote:Actually, it seemed very funny at the time but since then i've heard on the grape vine that he has some sort of learning disability. (dunno if thats entirely true mind you)
Ah .. will remove my quote of "manic Happy Monday's dancer" from my pic of him if this is the case.
OK, so I'm an Atari ST-fiend .. doesn't mean I don't appreciate fine SID toons :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Driller wrote:I definitely think you guys should tour more. And play for about three hours longer.
Well if we could get paid gigs we would. Each time we do a gig, we aim to learn one new song - it's the only way a bank who don't rehearse properly together can.. This time it was Think Twice 3, next time it was Nemesis the Warlock, which we were supposed to do on Sat night, but it didn't come together well enough in the rehearsal earlier that day.
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

Well if we could get paid gigs we would
Good point as I know that Chris Abbot has put himself in debt a few times for these events so there's not a lot of money flying about.

It's a pity that the retro scene isn't larger so you guys could be financially able to play more. It was obvious that you all enjoyed it :)

No disrespect to the other acts but I did think that your set was the highlight of the night.

My girlfriend *did* wonder how much you guys would charge for a wedding :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Driller wrote:
Well if we could get paid gigs we would
Good point as I know that Chris Abbot has put himself in debt a few times for these events so there's not a lot of money flying about.

It's a pity that the retro scene isn't larger so you guys could be financially able to play more. It was obvious that you all enjoyed it :)

No disrespect to the other acts but I did think that your set was the highlight of the night.

My girlfriend *did* wonder how much you guys would charge for a wedding :)
Ah don't get me wrong, I've been working with Chris on these BITs for long enough now, and you won't hear me say anything against it all (including getting paid). We do it for Chris, the scene, and ourselves since it's a great weekend. But as for SID80s playing more 'other' gigs, that's what we've got to get paid for. Especially since we're not even all in the same country, the sort of amounts it would require isn't going to be your silly back o' the pub type affair.

The main and only aim for us this time around, is that Chris wasn't out of pocket this time. We achieved that, and now we just hope that DVD sales will help put him back on track a bit. If the DVD sells out, there's even going to be a small piece of the pie for everyone involved in it. Can't say fairer than that. But this is why it frigging annoys me when I hear that some people are planning to copy the DVD. If they only knew what exactly went into getting this project together, they should be ashamed.

Thanks for the feedback... and yes we could do a wedding, or anything else... and if anyone was serious about that sort of thing, they should get in touch with me....

m