Women .....

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Armand
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Armand »

What a way to turn the tables on a demanding woman, lol. Brilliantly told, SteveB. :wink: :twisted:
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

unfortunatly i cant take credit for it.
(i pulled it from the 21 turbo owners club message board)

funny as hell though :D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

No other admitting and honest gays here???

It seems, there are more hidden personalities I thought.;)

I lately read that each 2 human in this world has Bi-Sexual thinkings, however they never would admit it in public.:P
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

(name removed) wrote:No other admitting and honest gays here???

It seems, there are more hidden personalities I thought.;)

I lately read that each 2 human in this world has Bi-Sexual thinkings, however they never would admit it in public.:P
But this wasn't (and isn't) a thread about homosexuality. It was a thread about a joke... so it's not entirely surprising the thread hasn't turned into a journey of personal discoveries.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Hm...maybe I misunderstood something. :?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Sorry, it seems my posting was misleading.
Yes, this thread was about a joke and not even a bad one.
I - on the other end - was in a bad mood and had my go at the gender issue. :(

I apologize for any inconvenience involved. :oops:

(name removed), there is no problem in this forum with sexual orientation apart from jokes about different stereotypes. If there are other gays (or lesbians) in here (and I guess there are) they didn't choose to write about it (or I completely missed it).

I hope you are not dissappointed that nobody headed for the hills after your "coming out" here. ;)
All is lost.
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

I'm sorry if I feel misunderstood sometimes...it's s feeling disturbing me a long time since I'm registered here, that some people are using the word "gay" for making their jokes, an unbelievable behaviour in my eyes, even it's meant as a "joke", maybe not for everyone.:(

I'm missing a bit the openness of some people, the ability for serious discussions about this theme also if it doesn't really fit to this community, it's a theme like many others I read here like this and even not used for making jokes.:puke:

That's what I hope changing here some day... :?
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

(name removed) wrote:I'm sorry if I feel misunderstood sometimes...it's s feeling disturbing me a long time since I'm registered here, that some people are using the word "gay" for making their jokes, an unbelievable behaviour in my eyes, even it's meant as a "joke", maybe not for everyone.:(

I'm missing a bit the openness of some people, the ability for serious discussions about this theme also if it doesn't really fit to this community, it's a theme like many others I read here like this and even not used for making jokes.:puke:

That's what I hope changing here some day... :?
There's plenty of openness around here - I think you're just too busy crying "here I am" to notice it. Also, what I find unbelievable is that not only do you have the urge to announce your sexuality to everyone, you're also hinting that people in general are prone to bi-sexuality.

So while you're free to be offfended by jokes involving the word "gay", the heterosexual part of the forum inhabitants should just accept that you challenge their sexuality?

If you want equality, you better start treating people the way you'd like them to treat you.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Look, (name removed). People don't care about your homosexuality. They don't care about your nationality. You're the only one bringing it up persistently. People on this forum don't care about your lifestyle.

What people do care about is aggressive attention-seeking individuals who blame their own damaged psyche on the outside world (homophobia, racism) when they should be fixing themselves.

There are lots of nationalities here. I dare say there are numerous different sexualities and sexual preferences. There are, unfortunately, some people who do get out of control sometimes, or who maybe post the occasional light-hearted comment which may be inappropriate. Those people generally correct themselves if they know they've caused genuine offence.

But this is a forum about Commodore 64 music, music generally, art and creativity. It is not a forum about sexuality, equal rights, disability, race, politics or any other issues. Many of the contributors here are active on other forums which are more suited to political and charged discussions of this nature: http://www.yakyak.org for example.

If people don't talk about what YOU want them to talk about (i.e. you, mostly!), then go somewhere else to discuss it. Whenever you want to talk about C64 music, feel free to post here.

You're obviously a creative and talented chap, but you're doing yourself some serious damage in life.

I despair that any of what I just wrote will make it through, though. To you it will probably read like "he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me".

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Wow - this really IS the FUN forum ;)

Seriously, there is wwwaaayyy too much censorship in the 'real' world, without bringing it to this forum...

Everyone is a racist, a sexist, a homophobic, a this-ist and a that-ist to an extent - FACT. I've met gay men who DESPISE lesbians, for example...

Wherever there is a difference in appearence or lifestyle, there is an opportunity for an 'ism', and everyone is guilty.

Problems only occur when individuals find it hard to control their prejudices and display them in a threatening or violent manor - only then (in my eyes) does it become unacceptable. Everyone has a right to like or dislike whatever or whomever the hell they want. Even in a world where this right may be taken away, people would STILL feel the same on the inside - it's human nature.

The jokes I've seen on this board whether it be about gay dudes, fat dudes, ugly dudes, women dudes, he/she dudes etc are pretty mild and find it hard to believe anyone could take any real offence.

I feel a bit bad for Parallax, as I think he may have come down to earth with a bit of a bump with some of the responses to his posts for this thread, and I hope it doesn't make him feel the community dislikes him for ANY reason, BUT I also think all that has been said (mainly by Jan and Chris) is pretty much bang on the nail.

Parallax - nobody here is going to berate or applaud you for being gay. It is how you are made, and that's fine. You may find resistance here (and most other boards) if you sabotage certain threads by going off-topic to satisfy your own agenda, and I think this is the real reason that people have reacted harshly to you on this occasion.

If you REALLY are that interested in who here is gay or not, start a new thread in the general forum - hell, start a poll :) Just PLEASE don't fall into the gay stereotype of bringing your sexuality into everything you talk about here or it will probably just be ignored and people really will start treating you differently.

PEACE

Tonka
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

The hell with racism and red, yellow, white and black people...
From now on we'll call everyone green !

It;'s just those darkgreen people i don't like :wink:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

I think it's also my bad english when I misunderstood some conversations here. Sometimes I possibly feel some possible neutral or positive meant answers as negative, or that some guys could misuse this fact hoping what some other couldn't really translate what's meant.

Yes, I'm interested in some people here but I'm not sure whether they want to talk about things like I love to talk...
Armand
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Armand »

@ (name removed) - don't worry, bud. PM me if you want to chat some time. 8)
Nickenstien
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Nickenstien »

(name removed)! WEH-HEY!! Your in there!!!

:lol:

(thats was to lighten the mood here, anybody offended ? if so, get over it) :P
stuff and that and things with bits on it!
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

I think, now any longer so completely after I've readed some threads. :roll: