Software sampler - recommendations?

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Firefox
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hi Romeo!

Post by Firefox »

Very strange we never spoke back in the good old days! Anyways, I myself uses EXS24 from Emagic on my mac. But I think MachFive from MOTU is a good sampler. Checkout http://www.kvraudio.com if you haven't already. My fav site for news and reviews.

The MachFive has many nice features.

It can import soundbanks in the following formats: Akai S1000/S3000, S5000/S6000 and MPC2000/MPC3000; Kurzweil K2xxx; Roland S7xx; E-mu III/ESI/IV/EOS; Tascam GigaSampler/GigaStudio; Emagic EXS-24; Digidesign SampleCell; Creamware Pulsar STS; and Native Instruments Kontakt. Supported sample formats include Kurzweil K2xxx, Akai MPC. Snd, Creamware Pulsar.S, WAVE/ACID, .AIFF, SDII and .REX. MachFive automatically maps a .REX file's audio slices to consecutive keys for independent triggering.

Check it out :lol:

/Firefox (Phenomena) Jimmy Fredriksson
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Re: Hi Romeo!

Post by Romeo Knight »

Firefox wrote:Very strange we never spoke back in the good old days!
Well, I didn't participate in too many events in those days. I was happy hanging around at home or with some few Red Sector members and composing my little mods. I've been to the Spreadpoint '93 AFAIR in Denmark for example.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I dont know what my problem is, but I cant wrap my head around software samplers.

I have a Roland W30 Workstation Sampling keyboard which I can do amazing stuff with, like Mapping Multiple Samples to individual keys on the keyboard and even MultiSamples per key.

But when It comes to software samples I just dont get them.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120