Re-remix?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

That's why it's good with knowledgeable and dedicated fans who keep their ears pealed.
Yeah! ... were're sharp allright! ... nothing pass out ears unnoticed! We're Credit-Ninjas in C64 disguise... right XO? :sly:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I did notice the Visa Röster vocals in there, but thought nothing of it. After all, collaborations have happened before (DHS' re-remix of PPOT's Comic Bakery springs to mind) and the track title credits o2 as well. Maybe I would have thought it resembled the o2's mix if I had gone back to listen to it beforehand pushing the "approve" button on this one. But as Makke said - this isn't our full-time job.

I'm not sure I agree on the being-a-nice-guy-who-lets-things-through-rather-be-a-nit-picker, though. :D
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Personally, If Visa had been credited as well, I'd not really have anything against this remix... no harm done then... my view on the artistic abilities might be questionable though, but that's what we have the ranking system for...

Also, there should be some space for novice creative people too in here... it's not everyone who have years of practice, and I know people who find it fun to make this sort of "patchwork music"... it's still creative to a certain extend.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Makke wrote: It wasn't ignored, in fact we had quite a long debate about it on the staff/jury-mailinglist. I don't remember why it was decided that it should stay on the site.
Ah ok.. :) well I never got an official response through PM so I just left it alone.

It is a great track no doubt, its just not a C64 Remix, and I'm not criticizing anyone. I find it a curious anomaly.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

@Makke: You didn't thought my post was an attack, did you? It was more like I was feeling the need for 'defending' Jan as he isn't a kind of Batman to solely spare Gotham from evil...

You don't have a full time job on this one, so naturally some duds are able to evade your ever vigilante eyes, guys. As I stated: I would possibly NEVER noticed this incident on my own, for sure.

I was too occupied with two Ghost & Goblins remixes.. nah, just kidding...
All is lost.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Vosla wrote:@Makke: You didn't thought my post was an attack, did you? It was more like I was feeling the need for 'defending' Jan as he isn't a kind of Batman to solely spare Gotham from evil.
No, not at all. I just felt the post needed to be addressed, just so you guys wouldn't feel ignored. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Vosla wrote:It was more like I was feeling the need for 'defending' Jan as he isn't a kind of Batman to solely spare Gotham from evil...
Actually, that's my day job. :D