me and last.fm

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: me and last.fm

Post by wobbler »

Chris Abbott wrote:But what if the popularity changed for that other band in the future?

Also, what gives them the right to do anything they like is: it's their website.

I think what you have to do is accept the situation and stop caring.... that's pretty much the only option available, sucky though it is.

Chris
Yes Chris, it's true that it's Last.fm's page and not my own. What really irritates me is the fact that the admin guy has a harsh tone (read his reply further down), and doesn't at all seem to be willingly to settle this in a friendly way. Of course a long haired vetegarian that run metal band websites isn't going to like electronic music (my music). But yes, I'll upload a new image onto last.fm's regular pages and then perhaps humbly ask you to place a small vote for it.

The guy's answer:

Absolutely nothing above changes any facts of this matter.

Official FAQ Notice on this matter

AGAIN, learn to read. Last.fm's rules, which YOU agreed on joining to follow. Failure to follow the rules as you agreed to do = termination of the agreement to have an account here = loss of your account.

> I really can't see what gives you the rights to delete and block my ability to upload images for me as an artist?

Nobody "blocked" you. You are, however, prohibited from uploading official images, and every single excuse you can think of to violate that prohibition is wrong.

What gives me the right? See that orange icon next to my user name? Moderator. Enforcer of site rules. It's my JOB as a moderator to ensure people like you who think you're above site rules find out that you're not.

You'll follow the instructions given in the previous PM, and no amount of complaining or attempts to "go over my head" will change that. It's people "over my head" who wrote the above-linked FAQ in the first place. They're not going to change it for you.

You'll upload images only from the artist image page, not from the Music Manager. You will upload actual artist images that conform to site image rules, not a flag. A flag is not an ARTIST image.

Any attempt to violate these incredibly specific instructions will be treated as abuse of last.fm services, which is cause for account termination.

If you're so much more popular than the other artist(s), then the votes and ONLY the votes will prove it.

Something to heavily keep in mind: You're not on your personal homepage, and you're most certainly not on MySpace. You're on Last.fm. The page is last.fm's, not yours. Absolutely NOONE is above following last.fm rules, that includes you. You're highly recommended to stop thinking of it as your page. That kinda thinking has gotten dozens of accounts banned. Don't be the next.

HMA
Last.fm global moderator
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

That's extremely bossy.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

TBH, the entire exchange was a bit bad tempered from both sides, and remember he would have been pissed off because (a) this happens all the time, and (b) people probably abuse the photo thing all the time.

If I was in charge of Last.FM and got this kind of thing all the time I'd be bad-tempered too, not just at the one complaining, but at the situation generally.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

It can't be that hard to organize two different pages for two artists/groups with accidentally the same name ?!

last.fm does have all the rights on their servers but it's nothing without the artists.

Seems you have to find another, more caring host. :(
All is lost.