@Lagerfeldt

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

I wouldnt go as far as to say we hate him, infact this thread started out as a general question to him, which he never answered.
After a while i noticed despite the fact the post was clearly pointed at him he didnt come to answer, so i continued the thread in a more comical manner really just to see if he'd turn up to comment.

There is a bit of a wave of disaproval for lagerfeldt within the remix community but as far as i know and from what ive seen he is a popular artist here and shouldnt stop just because other artists have their veiws on him. i certianly know other artists wont be stopping because of lagerfeldts veiws on them, if anything they'll just get better.

The remix world cant always be happy and wonderful and people are gonna appear who are kinda singled out as a 3rd screw, but hey can never have to many spare screws when your trying to build a tower to heaven.

I personally hope he comes back and does some new remix's, the proffesionalismn of his tracks spurred many into going that 1 step further and that had to be a good thing.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Hmm... I was absent for some time here and then and I missed the whole affair. From my point of view, Lagerfeldt simply disappeared... :(
Why ? And what was all that trouble about ?
All is lost.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

<<<
I just wonder I was banned from this forum when I offenced people much much less as someone else offenced Lagerfeldt...
>>>
Er... not really Mr Cow: your super-powers of intuition should tell you that!

Chris
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Still have no clue.
All is lost.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Vosla wrote:Still have no clue.
It was Colonel Makke... in the SID library... strangled him with the microphone cable...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

If you are referring to the mp3 filename "%203" stuff, it's a string of codes that once broken will give away the secret of how to produce a #1 song.

Seriously, I guess it might have something to do with the way RKO interprets my Mac file name but that'll be up to Jan to answer.

Just came back from New York, and haven't been here because I don't usually like to spend my time discussing fruitlessly with somebody who I never talked to or let alone insulted. And especially not on the internet.

I believe a person should either have musical criticism or shouldn't say anything at all, since it'll probably just end up revealing people's own jealousy or self-issues.

People who solely have musical criticism, such as Larsec, I sorely appreciate - even though we may disagree strongly about what we like in music.

However, I have never offended anyone or said anything bad about anyone. But I might have annoyed some people with low self esteem since I'm not a very modest person in respect to my music, and had a string of #1's, and also being a pro producer.

Thomas Detert is an example of a very modest person (and very skilled musician), but this is not how I am.

Obviously I'll continue to do C64 remixes when I have the time, but I'm very busy at the moment with mixing for different artists and doing a sample cd. Never thought doing a sample cd would be so much fun, it's a bit nerdy sitting all day make sounds or chopping beats :-)

C U
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

No, I was referring to the "Comment" area of your ID3v2 tags. =)

Your Robocop tune for instance. It says "0200E001+17017+1+150".

/
Sonic
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

lagerfeldt has COME BACK! to the R....K....O!!!!!!!!!!!! ........

can you smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll what the lager.................... is................ mixing?

<cue catchy theme tune> (anything as long as it aint frikking s-club7)

sorry had to do it :-D

nice 2 see u still alive there lagerfeldt :-)
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Infamous wrote: can you smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll what the lager.................... is................ mixing?

<cue catchy theme tune> (anything as long as it aint frikking s-club7)
Infy, please, don't call those jealous c64mafia guys here, it's really not the case. Quoting from Lagerfeldt post, they really do have self issues [and, yes, it seems noetheless they are adding more and more members to the band] :)

child play anyone?

cheers,
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Sonic Wanderer wrote:No, I was referring to the "Comment" area of your ID3v2 tags. =)

Your Robocop tune for instance. It says "0200E001+17017+1+150".

/
Sonic
Yes I see. No big secret there, it's just a garbage response from a v.2.2 tag converted badly to another player I believe. It's doesn't show in iTunes using v.2.2.

If you want to see a conspiracy in these numbers please interpret them as follows (it's a secret message to those childish people who get personal in their comments):

All numbers should be added using the horizontal deductive formula and substituting letters for numbers (number in the alphabet):

0200E001 = 02005001 (E=5) which added horizontally gives 0+2+0+0+5+0+0+1 which apparently gives the number 26. However in the first line of the sequence the last number should always be subtracted, not added, and only one computation of the horizontal deductive formula should be performed (unlike subsequent numbers in the sequence where every number should be reduced via addition until it's a single digit number). This gives a result of 25-1=24. Translating the number 24 in correlation to the alphabet would give the letter S.

Next number is 17017 which added gives 1+7+0+1+7=16 which (due to the continued addition) gives 1+6=7. This translates to the letter G.

Now we have letters SG

Next sequence is 1, this would need no addition and gives the letter A.

SGA we have now

Finally the last sequence is 150, which added gives 6, the letter F.

We now have letters SGAF which means nothing. However reverse the sequence of the letters, and it spells: FAGS.

Tadaaaa!!