FIFA World cup 2006 in Germany

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

tas wrote:
Chappers wrote:
tas wrote: Why lock it?

For once people have an opinion instead of general chit chat. I feel personally that Zidane deserved his punishment others feel the head but was understandable. Its good to talk and express a viewpoint!

The world cup has ended yes, but we can still debate it can't we? Bitlive ended too we should be able to debate that too!
Neil

I would be more than happy to continue if it was a healthy debate over the World Cup and Zidane, but Tonka quite rightly pointed out that it's now descending into personal attacks on forum members.

I've probably been a bit too quick in asking for a lock, probably better to keep it prominent that it should not get personal.
tas wrote:Chapps, i know where you coming from and sorry i think that sounded a little bit abrupt.. if it did come over that way then i appologise.
No worries mate, it's a healthy debate we are both pushing for anyway :)
tas wrote:The thread is good and healthy mostly but i do concur some posts have been overzealous and a bit of moderation should ofcourse be employed.

I don't think locking the thread is right but i would suggest harder moderation in deleting a few posts is probably in order.

What people should need to know here especially if they are none footballing fans is that Football is a passion and it can easily spiral out of control. I belong to a football forum myself as a Staff member and trust me moderating these sites made rmx64 very easy.

Closing threads which are involved with passion isn't always the right way to handle things but selective delicate moderation is much more difficult but worthwhile and more constructive.
Aye, moderation is the key with this matter. Passion in football is good, let's continue to enjoy it without mudslinging and, above all, have fun. :)
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Chappers wrote:
tas wrote:
Chappers wrote: Neil

I would be more than happy to continue if it was a healthy debate over the World Cup and Zidane, but Tonka quite rightly pointed out that it's now descending into personal attacks on forum members.

I've probably been a bit too quick in asking for a lock, probably better to keep it prominent that it should not get personal.
tas wrote:Chapps, i know where you coming from and sorry i think that sounded a little bit abrupt.. if it did come over that way then i appologise.
No worries mate, it's a healthy debate we are both pushing for anyway :)
tas wrote:The thread is good and healthy mostly but i do concur some posts have been overzealous and a bit of moderation should ofcourse be employed.

I don't think locking the thread is right but i would suggest harder moderation in deleting a few posts is probably in order.

What people should need to know here especially if they are none footballing fans is that Football is a passion and it can easily spiral out of control. I belong to a football forum myself as a Staff member and trust me moderating these sites made rmx64 very easy.

Closing threads which are involved with passion isn't always the right way to handle things but selective delicate moderation is much more difficult but worthwhile and more constructive.
Aye, moderation is the key with this matter. Passion in football is good, let's continue to enjoy it without mudslinging and, above all, have fun. :)
YAY!

I see we have you lot (Grimsby) in a pre-season friendly at your place this coming Monday.

3rd Faves to win the league this season you know and you was very unlucky not to be promoted last season. I think it should be a good test both ways!

I was gonna travel down but i can't make it due to work comitments. DAMN THEM!
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

tas wrote:YAY!

I see we have you lot (Grimsby) in a pre-season friendly at your place this coming Monday.

3rd Faves to win the league this season you know and you was very unlucky not to be promoted last season. I think it should be a good test both ways!

Yeah, my Dad gave me a heads-up about it today, we're both going. :)

It only costs a £5 to get in as well, hopefully money well spent given the effort we put in last season. Will be interesting to see if Town play that "fresh new signing" Beagrie. Mind you, they will have to make sure his zimmer frame is ready on the touchline, just in case. :wink:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Chappers wrote:

It only costs a £5 to get in as well, hopefully money well spent given the effort we put in last season. Will be interesting to see if Town play that "fresh new signing" Beagrie. Mind you, they will have to make sure his zimmer frame is ready on the touchline, just in case. :wink:
It'll be a good game, wasn't it last season it was 4-3 to when we played you lot in a pre-season a few seasons ago? (can't rightly remember).

After you the biggies start.. Middlesborough and REAL Sociadad can you believe!
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

tas wrote:
Chappers wrote:

It'll be a good game, wasn't it last season it was 4-3 to when we played you lot in a pre-season a few seasons ago? (can't rightly remember).

After you the biggies start.. Middlesborough and REAL Sociadad can you believe!
Hehe, I have an awful memory at the best of times! Would have to check online as to previous friendlies between us :D That's a good bit of work to get both Boro and Real Sociedad to Belle Vue, btw.

Grimsby's pre-season? A top-flight trio of Rotherham, Stoke and Leeds! Not forgetting last night's trip to the mighty Gainsborough Trinity, we truely are playing quality opposition to prepare the team......

Nurse, I'll have that sarcasm operation, when you are ready...... :wink: