Music Video Project Progress Diary

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Tonka wrote:Very nice, but it doesn't last long enough (hey, I sound like my wife)! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more! :)
I know the sample clip was short, but it gives everyone an idea of what the final product will look like. I don't want to reveal too much, got to leave some of it as a surprise right? :)

The last Scene that you saw was very time consuming. I spent 3 days @ 12 hours each day for a total of 36 hours to prepare that scene, I hand picked every C64 Screen shot that you see out of 1000+ from the GB64 Database.

Than I had to do some small test render with only a few screen shots to see how it would look with the camera movement etc...

There maybe possibly be additional elements added to this scene I'll have to see how it works.

As for the Particle Based Amiga Bouncing Boing! Balls scene, I have already added some other elements to the scene and working with some camera tricks to get a closer look at them, rather than increase the size of them which would increase render time.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are liking it, it lets me know that I'm going in the right direction and encourages me to work harder to get it finished.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Chris Abbott wrote: "Some Wizball Rendered Thing"? :) That work of genius was done by our very own Bog!!! ("Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball Video")
I know Chris, he send it me once during an irc session. I do remember wetting my pants because it was so brilliant. Your tune with it rocked also!

Damn shame i can't find it anywhere on my hd.
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Misser wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote: "Some Wizball Rendered Thing"? :) That work of genius was done by our very own Bog!!! ("Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball Video")
I know Chris, he send it me once during an irc session. I do remember wetting my pants because it was so brilliant. Your tune with it rocked also!

Misser : It's a shame that I know where it is on YOUR HDD !
FTP -> Incoming -> wizballbig.avi :wink:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

FFRenzy wrote:
Misser wrote:

Misser : It's a shame that I know where it is on YOUR HDD !
FTP -> Incoming -> wizballbig.avi :wink:
*blush* indeed it is, i just noticed while looking at the logs and jinx getting it :)
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Getting Back on Topic :D

I'm not great at 3D modeling, so I was wondering if any of you have come across any 3D Meshes of C64, Amiga, Datasette, 1541, Mouse, Joystick, 1702 Monitor etc..

Any Retro related 3D Meshes at all that I can use in this video?

I did find one C64 3D Object but it was done in Flash Director and I cant convert it into any of the standard formats like .3DS or .obj etc..
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120