Jarre Looks different.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Ever been to an expo and someone is demonstrating a cool gadget and some kid grabs it and uses it annoyingly?

Here is Jarre being annoying.. WTF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls-4Px7T46Q
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

madfiddler wrote:Michael Jackson sprung to my mind too :(
same here ...
Jean-Michel Jackson

sad why people do this to themselves
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Hmm.... I'm wondering why Jarre would place himself next to a pro flute player, and play an electric flute with such an ugly sound!? Is he trying to make the contrast of electronics against the real thing?... Being an owner of the Yamaha VL physical modeling I know how much more realistic it can sound... I'm sure he could have chosen a better and more expressive sound than the one he uses on that video... the sound and the way he plays it just make him seem very amateurish compared to this pro...

Well... just my opinion, Jarre probably has his reasons :lol:

and one more thing; why does he look so extremely pissed!? ... He looks like all energy has been drained from his soul!? ... sad... :? 20 years from now, and with his hair having turne white, he will look a bit like Einstein :shock: ... He just look so worn out...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

razmo wrote:20 years from now, and with his hair having turne white, he will look a bit like Einstein :shock: ... He just look so worn out...
He probably colors he's hair right now as it is. Heck I'm 37 and I already have white hair. Got my Mom's Genes my Dad had Dark hair till he turned 65.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog X: ... well, rather white hair, than no hair right? :lol: ...

Just can't keep wondering WHAT Jarre did, to have this "new" look... Maybe the hair is doing most of the change?... something wild and untamed about the look he's got now... and then that emty look in his eyes...

Maybe it's time to turn away from music, if that what is in store for us in the future! :shock: :lol:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I havent done anything creative in a while, includes... Music / 3D Graphics, Life stuff put a stop to it.

And I think I'm grumpy because of it. I think I will set everything aside this weekend and start recording something and see if my Grumpyness goes away.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog X:

Yeah... I know that feeling very very well :? ... Making music and being creative is what "recharge" me... If going for too long not doing anything I enjoy, the "battery" will flatten, and it's like being around a "smoker without cigarettes" being around me then :evil: ... I sometimes live by the reverse of the saying: "No pain no gain!"... that is: "No gain, no pain!" ... simply to avoid the later situation :wink:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

You hit the nail on the head Razmo. I dont make music often but when I do it does recharge the batterys.

Should have a WIP something soon. I've got a tune in my head that needs to be recorded.

I think it will be a kind of "UNZ" if thats the correct term.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

i am trying to do too much.
trying to learn Maya, Lightwave and 3ds max 9 ..... my brain hurts and i have no inspiration.
I C 64 People

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Steve B wrote:i am trying to do too much.
trying to learn Maya, Lightwave and 3ds max 9 ..... my brain hurts and i have no inspiration.
I should have stuck with 3DS Max when it was DOS version and later a Windows APP. I was a teen back than and had lots of time. I just dont have time to learn apps with steep learning curves.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Analog-X wrote:I just dont have time to learn apps with steep learning curves.
Steep?!
its fecking vertical !
I C 64 People

Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Yeah... it's this thing about wanting to do something you've been able to do damn good on something old, and having to learn it all again using new technology that is the problem with me.... I coded A LOT in the old days on the AMIGA computer, and was really good at it (founded Kefrens after all)... but when I transfered to PC out of necessity, I just could not get into programing it... I wanted to get started right away doing what I could allready on the AMIGA... unfortunately the PC was/is a nightmare when it comes to assembly language (I was hardcore programer) so I simply gave up... I cannot go back to "ground zero" again.... my programing days are over ... and sadly I miss it a lot.... so much I've been thinking about taking the old AMIGA 1200 back up... but what for?... The good old days of hardcore assembly language, where you had total system control of the machine is a thing of the past.... I sadly very much miss that time in my life... so many times have I had the urge to code VSTi's in C++ to control all my hardware synths from within my sequencer... I still wonder why noone has not taken up the idear of starting mass production of Hardware VSTi's... when Soundforge was abandoned, things seem to stop... sadly.... I'm a dying race... :cry:
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

kefrens? ... wow.

im sure you mentioned that once before .. but still wow.

anyway i share the whole "does music as an outlet" ethos, Without music id have probably become some kind of mass murderer by now, not wanting to give out the whole sob story but my youth is a pretty tarnished affair and I have enough scars physically and mentally to make rambo feel a bit of a pussy heh, music was where i went to get away from it all, where my aggression and annoyance was funnelled, alot of my stuff comes from the mood im in at the time. Never written a tune or a remix for anyone else but myself even when ive been given guidelines .. i still cross them its what makes me happy.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

razmo wrote:Yeah... it's this thing about wanting to do something you've been able to do damn good on something old, and having to learn it all again using new technology that is the problem with me.... I coded A LOT in the old days on the AMIGA computer, and was really good at it (founded Kefrens after all)...
Pre-Internet I had limited access to the scene... by the time I got a hold of a demo it was already maybe 1-2 years old. Kefrens demos were one of my favourites and I always looked forward to seeing whats new.

I didnt do any coding on C64, mainly Ripping bits of code and splicing them together. I just got a kick of ripping sections of Games and splicing them with some Demo bits and seeing the whole thing work. Never released any to the public just something I enjoyed doing.

Once the Amiga came out, it was tricky but I was still able to rip things out of one thing and paste into another. Stuff I self taught, with no outside help. There was no Scene here.

It would actually be neat to learn C64 Assembly now and produce new stuff but that would just take too much time.

I'd like to remake Uridium on PC, I've got all of the levels mapped out, I have yet to figure out how to put them in TILE form as its how levels in games are produced. Than I have to figure out what language to program it in.

So much to do so little time.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Infamous:

Yeah... well... The time in Kefrens was probably my 15 minutes back then... Still recall our demo parties, and how people was so god damn arrogant untill I turned my back, showing the pressed logo "KEFRENS" at them... suddenly I had these small "drooling dogs" at my feet... funny how status make people react :roll:

I myself have had quite a life... but Im sure you can recall some of my past forum inlays, talking about Social Anxiety and depression :? ... well, I'm still dealing with the anxiety, and have still been in the social welfare system since I was 18... never had a job more than 3 times... one stopped after 1 day, another after a week and the last after a month... The 1 day job was actually in Copenhagens biggest music retail store, and was dream come true... but the anxiety was at it's peek, and I ended up on the toilet with anxiety raging.... sad :?

Today though, I'm doing a lot better... have realised that I'm just not good at the job-market, and are currently being testet for "retirement" by the local authority system... hope this will end the 18 years of terror, and give me all the time in the world to do my music...

I'm with you Infamous :)

Analog X:

Seems I did pretty much the same on the C64 back when I had that nice computer :) ... Actually I did code three or four demos on it, but as it was pre-scene, I unfortunately lost all I had made on it, when I switched to the AMIGA :cry: ... I believe I was one of the first to have created a complete Rob Hubbard music collection back then... I ripped practically ALL his music from the games, and put them together in 6 or 7 collection demos...

On the AMIGA, I started coding demos and making music (actually have some made in the demo's. my early music career)... I ended up coding a tracker eventually, that just nwever got finished... a few of the early kefrens demo's actually had my own tracker routine in there... The AMIGA died when I was doing a personal game covering the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons game rules... I'm very much into roleplaying you know :lol: Have even drawn some pencil drawings of monsters :lol: you can watch them here: http://www.putfile.com/razmo but the scans are TERRIBLE! :?

Today I have come to the conclusion, that no matter how much the urge to code, I'm terrible bihind in skills of object oriented coding.... and graphics which I've also dealt rather much with, I'm not in for learning 3D graphics even though it draws me... I'm a musician now, and will be focusing ALL my energy towards this field.