What's about a Ghouls'n'Ghosts Mix ??

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.

Who thinks that other games should remixed too ??

Poll ended at 05/01/2003 - 19:50

Yes, I think too
80%
No, I think it's okay
20%
Learn english first before you post, you idiot
No votes

Total votes: 5

Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Well, Max is in hiding and I am cramped with so many other mixes... I need sounds for both the Ghouls'n'Ghosts mixes I am working on... So it might be a while I'm afraid... :(
<--- I went that way --->
Monty Mole
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Or...

Post by Monty Mole »

Chris Abbott wrote:... or you could go to our minisite at http://c64audio.valuehost.co.uk/edge where we've made available the full-length Karma64 version of Monty on the Run free of charge to illustrate the genius of Rob Hubbard (and in the hope that it will provoke a CD sale or two).

Chris

Oh, I have seen this link last week first.
I've heard this version and I think it's an absolutly great mix from the the Monty score.It's not so hektic like the original but the spooky tunes in the middle and the sic fast violins at the end are absolute brilliant and a nice interpretation from the original.One of the best sids ever made and an great remix.

I love it.
How will I laugh tommorow,
if I can't even smile today ?
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Just noticed this topic - and thought I'd say that Ghouls'n'Ghosts is one of the most amazing collection of SID tunes I've ever heard.

All of 'em. Stunning.

I havent covered them because I'm scared to touch them!
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

That page is cool. Been there before and was a pleasantly surprised, can't remember if it was before or after I bought two CDs from the shop though. :-) As to forgotten remixes: I've seen one remix of Bionic Commando, or perhaps two, or more if you count mod remixes. But the music is excellent, some of the best I heard. I also liked Led Storm a lot. These two SIDs (with multiple subsongs) are just screaming to be remixed by some virtuoso. :-)

And two questions for someone too lazy to use google. One: didn't Rob do the music for a game called Magic Carpet for the PS? (To-get.) Two: how much of his music has Rob remixed (e.g. on various CDs)?

Btw. cool violin in that Rob Rob remix! (Just a thought: Mad Fiddler? Nah, too fast:)