Honest Opinion?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

er...hmmm. goodnight!! :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

lol, have a good 1 m8, gn ;)

ps: if u wake up with a sore head and throat, write me for a handed down recipe - works every time ;)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

go on.....
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

not on a forum m8 .. ill email u - its scarey, but trust da matrix :)
gazl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gazl »

madfiddler wrote:No not yet... but Gary was talking about Sudeki, which I worked on. I asked him to send me a copy... but of course I don't have an Xbox so can't play it anyway... so of course Gary in his drunking state promised to send me one... haha!!! :)
I will you know :D Mail me your home address and I'll get it sorted this week :D
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

madfiddler wrote:
SIR'86 wrote:I really hope that Stuck in D Eighties do a studio recording, they were totally mindblowing.
We have talked about it with Chris. However, 1) we do feel that we are a totally live band - how else can you be when you never get the chance to reherse with each other..... each time we play something it will be completely different.... and...2) we live all over the place and would be a nightmare trying to get all of us in the same place at the same time... yes there's email and the internet... but a CD needs to be done altogether.. at the same time... me thinks...
I do not have words to describe how good your performance was on Saturday. I'm totally utterly gobsmacked!

I still would love to have some sort of recording from Stuck in D Eighties, so the next best thing then would be a best of BIT Live CD.

If what I hear about the DVD is true and that they're going to sort out a proper sound mix for it, then a good quality CD is a distinct possibility.
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Ahhh, after a bit of sleep I'm STILL buzzing about the event! :D

Matrix: I've got two signed Bouff "Angel" wallpaper pics for you matey - I met up with her on Thursday and she signed 'em for ya.

Mark & Ben: I'll get a BitLive 2K4 poster in the post to ya - I'll mail ya about where to send 'em later

Everyone: Keep an eye on the photos and videos thread for my gallery which will go online later today. (Probably should be "working" but what the hell!) :)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

U da MAN Kenz buddy :) - Did she like em ?
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Hello all,

As usual, I'm a latecomer in this forum!

Everything that needed to be said about the technicalities of the event has been said, so I'm not going to say anything about that. I DO, however, just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended. It was great to put the "finishing touches" on putting faces to names, and to properly speak to people I couldn't last year.

Thanks also to all the performers - great to meet up with the members again. I don't care what the mix was like, or the projection-screen (who the hell wants to watch THAT when there's a live band gigging?!?!), it was utterly awesome to hear SID being played live.

And I got to be a pretend live radio DJ for a few minutes, too, by uttering crap over SLAY Radio and interviewing people :wink: Thanks to Slaygon for giving me the opportunity!

Anyway, I'll see you all in Copenhagen next year! :wink:

Oh, and while we're on that subject...

<soapbox>
A lot of us English people are of the stick-in-the-mud type. "Ooh, Copenhagen is too far away, blah blah blah..." To you I say

WAKE UP!

Getting a plane to Denmark is so bloody easy - even I can do it! Start saving your money now! I don't want to see a SINGLE THREAD from any of my fellow English inhabitants saying "I can't come to Copenhagen because it's too far / the dog ate my passport / I almost shat my pants / etc etc". Just book the bloody flight / hotel as soon as we know the date!
</soapbox>

Right. I'll shut up now. BITLive was fucking great. End of.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

What if i dont HAVE a passport ? :x - How much IS it to Cope anyhow ? just so i have a round target figure to aim for ?
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Matrix wrote:What if i dont HAVE a passport ? :x
THEN GET ONE, DAMN YOU! :roll: it's easy! And you have plenty of time to get one!

In fact, I'll make it EVEN EASIER. Here's a link to the Post Office website that tells you how to apply for a pasport:
http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/j ... Id=1500005
In a mass of confusion, Matrix wrote: - How much IS it to Cope anyhow ? just so i have a round target figure to aim for ?
Peanuts. With Easyjet, for instance, if you book far enough ahead, you're looking at £12 each way, so £25 return effectively. This can rise as you're getting nearer the time, but if you book earier than a month away, it won't go much over £50 return.

See, easy-peasy!
Last edited by Boz on 13/09/2004 - 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

what if i dont HAVE a passport ? - How much IS it to Cope anyhow ? just so i have a round target figure to aim for ?
I've just looked on Easyjet, and it says an early-march flight to Copenhagen is about 16 quid.

Sixteen smegging quid.

That's only two beers from LSO, that is!
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

JEBUS - IM SO THERE !!!

£16 damn thats cheaper than the National Express to London Return !! (£19.99 btw).

As it happens i do have a passport, the question was hyperthetical for those who dont ;)
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Matrix wrote:JEBUS - IM SO THERE !!!

£16 damn thats cheaper than the National Express to London Return !! (£19.99 btw).
I know -- I can't believe the prices to mainland Europe nowadays. SO friggin' easy!
Additionally, to prove how mental he really is, Matrix wrote: As it happens i do have a passport, the question was hyperthetical for those who dont ;)
I know :wink: I guessed by the smiley afterward. Hence the reply was in the same manner. (Actualy, I've just edited it with a link)

(Hope you're alright by the way, Matrix :wink: )
Last edited by Boz on 13/09/2004 - 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaving on a jet plane...
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk