FIFA World cup 2006 in Germany

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Good game, but in the end I think Italy rightfully won. In overtime they looked like they wanted it more, and Germany seemed to have their minds fixed on a shootout rather than scoring.

Well played tournament by Germany though. One of the more entertaining teams this year!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

The last 10 minutes of Italy vs. Germany were the best I've seen so far this tournament (mind you, I'm not -that- into football...)

But it was entertaining anyway! :D I'm glad I got to see it!

It doesn't matter to me if it's Italy or Germany or Brazil or Iceland... as long as it fun to watch, I'll happily watch and enjoy! Still, I think Germany team deserved to be in the finals, since they are hosting this spectacle.

The German audience is another part of the story, though. It must be difficult whistling and booing 60% of the time, whenever the Italians had the ball. :cry: Is that normal in football? I was appalled by it. But hey, I'm not used to watching soccer... :wink:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

I think the press played an important part in spicing up the moods of both supporter sides. I readed a lot of bullshit those days about what german press wrote about italians, and, of course, about what italian press wrote about germans.

And people believe the hype and loose focus about what it is really about: a stupid soccer match.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

DHS wrote:I think the press played an important part in spicing up the moods of both supporter sides. I readed a lot of bullshit those days about what german press wrote about italians, and, of course, about what italian press wrote about germans.

And people believe the hype and loose focus about what it is really about: a stupid soccer match.

If only it was the Fika World Cup :) Things would be different then!!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

You're *SO* right :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

DHS wrote:You're *SO* right :)
I second that! :rofl:
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I must say Germany has hosted a fantastic world cup despite FIFA trying their best to spoil the spectacle. I'm obviously a massive football fan and have whitnessed many spectacles over the years but this world cup has been hosted by the Germans in a tremendous way.

It was nice to see English and Germans partying together (yes, there were some scenes of stupidity but they i beleive where over exagerated).

I'm sorry to see Germany go out although i do also think Italy were the better side.

Fanatsic organisation from the germans! i take my hat off!
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Well, thank the Kaiser! :)
Ronin
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ronin »

I think, "Kaiser" Franz Beckenbauers role in the organization of the world cup is a little bit exagerated but he is an important part of the team.
It was nice to see English and Germans partying together (yes, there were some scenes of stupidity but they i beleive where over exagerated).
Exactly my thoughts, tas! :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Well, that wasn't a classic final but forza Italia!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Zidane's head punch against Materazzi kind of poisoned the atmosphere during the extra time, and propably changed the outcome of the game. But then the great award ceremony quite made up for it. :)

Congratulations Italy, a well deserved victory! :)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

If possible I've seen fewer soccer matches than Mahoney, but I've been told today by some of my co-workers that it is almost a custom to take off your silver medal and put it in your pocket. It seemed very rude by the French team to do so. I simply don't get it. Why??? They are the best losers - if you can say that about coming in 2nd in a knock-out tournament.

Zidane will not be easily forgotten now :) I wonder what Materazzi said to him. Also learned from my co-workers today that Zidane and Materazzi are old team-members so Materazzi probably knew exactly where to annoy him the most, but got him triggered as well.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Even if i have france, they deserved to win yesterday match. they were superior in every aspect.

Zidane... well, materazzi could have say anything to piss him off, his reaction was anyway ways over the line.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

DHS wrote:Even if i have france, they deserved to win yesterday match. they were superior in every aspect.
Well, maybe they deserved to win the match, but Italy still deserved to win the championship, I think.

Anyway in the end, when there's only a handful of teams left, chance and daily condition decides. So I guess everyone would deserve to win the match. :)
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)