Honest Opinion?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

COUNT ME IN! I'M THERE....
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

Given enough notice, I'd go. Looks like it'd be almost cheaper than going to London!
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

I'll definitely be there - although I'm hoping we opt for a 2006 Copenhagen event to give me time to prepare lots of projector videos. :)

Don't worry retro chums, there's still CGEUK next year for a chance to meet up for some retro fun and get pissed!
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Bog wrote:Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaving on a jet plane...
ARGH! Bog -- e-mail me! Your e-mail address doesn't work for me!! (Boz@c64retro.com).
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

So far so good M8, op on thursday, so fingers crossed.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

SIR'86 wrote: I do not have words to describe how good your performance was on Saturday. I'm totally utterly gobsmacked!
Thankyou kind sir :)
I still would love to have some sort of recording from Stuck in D Eighties, so the next best thing then would be a best of BIT Live CD.

If what I hear about the DVD is true and that they're going to sort out a proper sound mix for it, then a good quality CD is a distinct possibility.
Well you know, that's not a bad idea. We'll have to see. I'll get the multitracks off Skitz at some stage, and see what can be done with them... We could butter them up for a proper studio offering I guess ??
Kenz wrote: Mark & Ben: I'll get a BitLive 2K4 poster in the post to ya - I'll mail ya about where to send 'em later
That would be great dude... :)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Matrix wrote:I havent seen the visuals yet, so i guess i missed the C64 Mafia joke... Sry Makke m8, no offence....
None taken. The mafia performance wasn't about musical/artistic perfection, it was for a laugh.

Most people I've talked to (who saw it live) said it made them laugh, and that was what we were aiming for. And I guess the mafia must've been the least interesting group to listen to over the stream.

I was actually surprised at the positive responce we got after the gig. I thought people were going to hate us, 1) because we didn't play live (except for Larsec on the opening 1942 act), we just rapped/sang to a backing track and 2) hip hop/rap don't sit well with most people, in fact a lot of people hate it with a passion.

But, as I've told everyone else, what we lack in talent we try to make up for with humour, and I hope we succeeded. Anyway, both Larsec and I had a lot of fun doing it, and I know a lot of people who were there liked it.

So anyone listening to the stream telling us that we were shite, you missed 75% of the act since you didn't see the stage performance, and that's what you get for not being there. ;)

To sum up, I had fun doing it and that's good enough for me. Love us or hate us, as long as I'm having fun I don't give a shit.

Ps. I'm not much of a rap fan myself either, and I don't rap...I just pretend that I do...
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

When I saw Makke & Larsec performing "I nearly shat my pants"

Genius stuff guys :lol:
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Makke wrote:
Matrix wrote:I havent seen the visuals yet, so i guess i missed the C64 Mafia joke... Sry Makke m8, no offence....
None taken. The mafia performance wasn't about musical/artistic perfection, it was for a laugh.

Most people I've talked to (who saw it live) said it made them laugh, and that was what we were aiming for. And I guess the mafia must've been the least interesting group to listen to over the stream.

I was actually surprised at the positive responce we got after the gig. I thought people were going to hate us, 1) because we didn't play live (except for Larsec on the opening 1942 act), we just rapped/sang to a backing track and 2) hip hop/rap don't sit well with most people, in fact a lot of people hate it with a passion.

But, as I've told everyone else, what we lack in talent we try to make up for with humour, and I hope we succeeded. Anyway, both Larsec and I had a lot of fun doing it, and I know a lot of people who were there liked it.

So anyone listening to the stream telling us that we were shite, you missed 75% of the act since you didn't see the stage performance, and that's what you get for not being there. ;)

To sum up, I had fun doing it and that's good enough for me. Love us or hate us, as long as I'm having fun I don't give a shit.

Ps. I'm not much of a rap fan myself either, and I don't rap...I just pretend that I do...

.... Ehhhh... Yeah! What he said!
<--- I went that way --->
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

I almost weed in my pants.

And at least this time I didn't... uhm... I didn't er... clear the performance area...

*koff*
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
SIR'86
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by SIR'86 »

Kenz wrote:When I saw Makke & Larsec performing "I nearly shat my pants"

Genius stuff guys :lol:
Seconded! :D

There were three different music genres represented this year, it's nice to have some variety in the different musical styles.

And of course the Rap bit stopped us getting too po-faced and serious about the whole c64 nostalgia thing. :roll:
-- Steve

SIR'86
Old Time C64 Artist.
Sir's C64 Art Gallery
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> And of course the Rap bit stopped us getting too po-faced and
> serious about the whole c64 nostalgia thing.
Comic relief, pure and simple. Very welcome, and offset nicely by the delicacy of Visa Röster.

Chris
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

delicate or delicious? (both!) :D
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Bog wrote:And at least this time I didn't... uhm... I didn't er... clear the performance area...
Hahaha, yeah!

To everyone saying the C64mafia gig was shite:

Bog sabotaged our rehearsal!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Someone said it was shite? :evil:

Lemme at 'em - LET ME AT 'EM!

*starts whirling fists*