More bad news.....

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

More bad news.....

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

Not as serious as some other people's events in the scene, but still.....

My depression from last year has come back and is growing. My back has started to fail me, and my doctor has ordered me to start stimulating activities. This includes not sitting in front of the computer all day on a chair, since it hurt my back even more.
Thus my participation in remixing will be severely degraded over the next months. Exactly how long? Only time will tell.
I'll surely sit here from time to time, but not enough to actively do anything within short timespans.
Hope you other guys keep puching your awesome work out there in the meantime. You'll still have my Wrath Of The Demon remix to vote for when it hits the RKO public area. =)
Probably my last remix this year.
Let's hope this doesn't become an annual event for me...... it's not fun at all.
Until next time, cheers!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Hey Sony, I know what you are going through. Been suffering depression for years. You can pull through it, and THANK YOU for all your excellent remix work - it brightens up my day.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

huh, Sonic, merman, me,larsec and i know more....All suffering with depression. chirst, it makes you think doesn't it!

Wish you well Sonic and keep yer chin up aye.

Neil
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

sonic, my best wishes... and come back soon with your great remixes...
they will be missed....

cheers ifadeo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> huh, Sonic, merman, me,larsec and i know more....
> All suffering with depression. chirst, it makes you think doesn't it!

I'm beginning to think that part of the reason this scene is so creative is that it's full of artistic bipolar depressives... we suffer for our art, don't we?

Chris
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Our heads, fingers and backs are probably the most precious things :)
If one fails we can't do music, well maybe :) hehe

Get well dude :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Chris Abbott wrote:> huh, Sonic, merman, me,larsec and i know more....
> All suffering with depression. chirst, it makes you think doesn't it!

I'm beginning to think that part of the reason this scene is so creative is that it's full of artistic bipolar depressives... we suffer for our art, don't we?

Chris
doing some music and graphics makes me happy, my daughter and
my wife are the sunshine of my life... without this i maybe got depressive
too... but i'm an optimistic guy, who always look forward... :wink:

thank god, i've got no depression... but my grandfather was driven to
suicide by depression a few years ago, he waste his youth in wwII and
in a russian pow-camp for 10 years....i think that's the reason why he
got depession... :cry:

ifadeo
XGener8or
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by XGener8or »

SuperCow wrote: Do a lot of sex!
There's a problem with getting to that part :lol: But I'm not depressed, heheh. Some day... :wink:
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Hey, you have my sympathies Sonic. Depression is a bitch.

Mine comes and goes. Sometimes I'll get up and feel on top of the world, other days I'll wish I had never gotten up at all. At the worst, my depression manifests in huge screaming temper tantrums over the smallest thing. I've been in and out of therapy, doctors and mental health clinics quite a bit recently. I have been told that I should use anti-depressants, but I don't want to. I dont like the idea of going on pills.

But please don't let me put you under the impression that I'm some suicidal maniac. As are bad times, so there are good. Its always a joy to go out, watch a movie. Maybe see a few mates, go get drunk... The usual.

You'll get through it pal. If you ever meet anybody who tells you he's never been depressed in his life, slap the bugger will you?
Great, another set of strings ruined...
arvirus
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: More bad news.....

Post by arvirus »

all the best for you, sonic! looking forward to hear new stuff from you next year!

/arvirus
[ http://www.arvirus.de - more than meets the eye]
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Chris Abbott wrote:I'm beginning to think that part of the reason this scene is so creative is that it's full of artistic bipolar depressives
Funny you should mention that. One of my favourite real music artists, the utterly gorgeous and talented Kristin Hersh (ex- of Throwing Muses, nowadays solo) makes some wonderfully great music, often with just the acoustic guitar. And she has bipolar disorder.

Run to the shops and buy Kristin Hersh's "The Grotto" on CD as soon as. It's a superb piece of work and an extremely intense listen.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Shinobi221
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Back Attack

Post by Shinobi221 »

I think it happens to us all. once we hit our mid twenties the back starts to kick off. I did mine in true homer style rocking a drinks machine at work. Doctor didn't seem to understand either? :? As for depression. X wife took me to the cleaners too. But Im sure the rest is good for you. I guess you will probabily use your time for other creative things. A man of many talents if your remixes are anything to go by. Anyway I hear those Swedish massurs work wonders :wink:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

It's no good tellin people with clinical depression to be happy or go out an enjoy yourself, cos it simply doesn't work like that. There's Depression (Feeling grumpy and sad) and there's DEPRESSION!!!

Those who have ever had DEPRESSION know just how much it can destroy you. It's a terrible thing! It's a condition thats simply not understood. To be honest, before i started suffering i just thought it's a condition where you feel under the weather and very low. In reality it's far far far worse.