Fairlight - Busted

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Fairlight - Busted

Post by Matrix »

beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

"So much for the free world...."
I hope you are not serious here... It almost looks like you are trolling.

Where I'm working we spend £3M making a game and £6M is spent on marketing (those are the figures these days). We work roughly 50 people on a game while in crunch and we all have families and expenses. Before the PC title hits the market it is already on the P2P networks (don't know why, but that's how it is). Currently game producers sort of regard the PC market as a none-profit market---why spend all the time doing a PC engine? Why not just sack 1/3 of the people there?

As for Fairlight, they got busted WHILE cracking Hitman3, which hits the shelves on FRIDAY. So please, recalibrate!

----
(the above information is publically available and does not contain inside information from my imployer).
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by GeckoYamori »

I think the games appear before release day because they are leaked through people testing the final product...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Piracy is because of high prices.
High prices are because of piracy.

As beyond says, a lot of work (sometimes not enough) goes into making a PC game. Don't buy pirate copies of any media, you are harming the industry.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I see where ya going Beyond, but i was referring to the reports embellishment about finding guns n stuff..... ive known a couple of fairlights while on the amiga scene years ago, and i assuse you, appart from being around for AGES, they dont mess with guns.

Trolling ? wtf is trolling ?

I just think its a shame to see such a prominent name from the "scene" dissapear - by whatever method.... but i read the report, and first thing i thought was "they made some of this up to get the arrest". - wouldnt surprise me at all.

But is piracy a good, or bad thing - i dunno, every1 has their own view on that score, i guess that would be biased depending if you work in the industry or not - the common script-kiddie has no idea about the costs that go into software production or marketting, he just doesnt want to pay for it, and doesnt mind his m8's having a copy.

As for trolling, well no, i just thought you guys wold be interested to read the report !
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

From comments I've seen elsewhere, these are not "genuine" members of Fairlight.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live