Christian Bruhn rulez!!!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Christian Bruhn rulez!!!

Post by Dr.Future »

German composer (now active in the GEMA afaik) has brought emotions to a lot of tv-serials in the 80s.

He has done such marvellous soundtracks as "Captain Future" (buy the Album!!!), "Patrick Packard", "Oliver Maass", "Sindbad", "Wickie" and much more. He was also a famous composer for German Schlager, if I remember right he was married to a very well-known female singer (can't remember the name right now, Putzi?)...

Anybody remember?
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Great you bring on the topic ;-)
Did I tell I just bought the vinyl-record (12inch) of Patrik Pacard just to get the 6 minutes extended version of the main theme? Euro 12,50 for 6 minutes of music, call me the ultimate maniac here at R64! :-)

I don´t know if he married several times (shit happens), but the woman he married in 1976 was Erika Götz (Lady Lily, singing Oliver Maass and Patrik Pacard), and he is a member of GEMA (THE member)
http://www.gema.de/wirueberuns/aufsichtsrat/bruhn.shtml

And btw, maybe you wanna laugh:
http://www.d418.com/ladylilypatrikpacardscan.jpg
putzi
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

I'm sure it's worth the bucks, putzi. :wink:

I really have in mind there was another "lady" he was married to, but I'm too lazy to google now...

I have Sindbad and Wickie on a great Sampler-CD with lots of cartoon-soundtracks. And of course the masterpiece, the Future-Soundtrack. Imho, if there is anykind of modern-music that's absolutely timeless, than it's that CD. :)

I also like the Oliver Maass music a lot...nice violins, hehe...
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Look at the Geh´ ma´-link:
1962 Heirat: Charlotte Bischoff, zwei Söhne, Sebastian *5.5.63, Johannes *6.10.64

1978 Heidi - Aus Böhmen kommt die Musik (Gitti und Erika)

So it was the same Erika that sang the titletrack of that animated series?
Oh my God, we are addicted to Schlager-Musik ;-)
putzi
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

It's not Schlager, it's "Easy Listening" with a special touch of "Laid back", the right amount of "Electronic", some "Techno", a little bit of "Classical" and - call it the candy - a pich of "Pop". 8)

Btw, I don't care what the music-style is called, there is only "good" music and "bad" music...

Ok, and of course "Honorabili" music... :wink:
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

"Honorabili" music? This is when you send a SID through SID2MIDI and play the resulting file without any change using a GM-512 KB soundfont, right?
Muahahhaah! I´m Evil® :lol:

So this thread reveals why you call yourself Dr Future: you´re a big fan of it!
If I did the same like you, I had maybe chosen "Prof. Pacard" ;-)

Although PP was made in 1985, it had some kind of techno-sounding. I love the bassline going up together with the cymbal crash.
putzi
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Prof. "Putzi" Pacard, or pPp (Triple P) as we say nowadays... :wink:

BTW, the PP-Theme was one of the first mods I got on my Amiga and it influenced my tracking-skills a lot. No joke! If I remember right it has been on 1 of the "Soundtracker Content Disks" and it has those great "Licks"-sound over and over...

If you remix this sound in a modern-style, it will enter the charts at top position, I'm sure... :roll:

And it will be covered, I'm sure. Which 80ies song isn't???
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Should we two do this? You make the stereo mix, and later you hand me over the .cpr-file and I´ll do the 5.1-mix :-)
The producer of "Mr President" spoke about releasing pop music in 5.1 as a new way to attract people to buy music. I wish it is, because I also like to buy GOOD music in 5.1-surround sound. A base drum sent through the center and the sub is great, you will soon hear in my 5.1-mix of Markus´ "Birthday". :-)
putzi
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Putzi, if I (ever) do a CB-Remix, than you'll be the man who makes it THX!
I planned remixing one or two of his songs often, but I'm sooo lazy...

But...I did a remix of "Hurra, wir fliegen" in 1997 or 1998 on Fasttracker 2 for maz, you can find it here:

http://www.soundtrackers.de/free-CD-act ... songs.html

Hmmm, seems it doesn't work anymore...what the?

If you're interested, I'll load it up somewhere...
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

And will be after you remix your fave cb song ? Another one?
I am glad "Birthday" is not the only SID by Markus Schneider, I was lost if it was the only song! ;-) Well, I would remix Jens Blidon´s SIDs, then.
Last edited by putzi on 29/01/2003 - 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
putzi
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

And yes, upload it somewhere else. Wanna hear it! :-)
putzi
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

Ahhh, the famous Mr. Bruhn!!!

Well, the lady you can't remember, Dr. Future, is the german "Schlagerstar" Katja Ebstein. C. Bruhn was married to her from 1972 to 1975.

And, yes, "Lady Lily" and "Erika", his third wife, are the same person.
As "Erika" she sang several anime-series soundtracks. For example she is the female voice that appears in the gorgeous (german) "Captain Future"-soundtrack ("Main Theme" & "Hurra, wir fliegen").
She also sang the titletheme of "Tao Tao", another lovely cartoon of these days (composed by Karel Svoboda, who also made the famous "Pinocchio"-score (sung by Mary Roos) and "Biene Maja" (sung by Karel "THE DUDE" Gott))

confusing, eh? :?

And Putzi, because you mentioned "Gitti & Erika", Gitti is Erika's sister!

But returning to Christian Bruhn, he did so many great tracks, which all deliver a very special atmosphere..."Timm Thaler" also has to be named...

Putzi, i could have sent you the extended version of Patrick Pacard as mp3 for free, but hey, now you have that great vinyl-record and you know, sometimes the eye is listening too... :)

Monty
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Yez! Katja Ebstein, that was the name...

And here's the link to my 97/98 remix:

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/~oa/DRFPC25.ogg

Sorry, but ogg-vorbis is the only decoder I have after being beaten by nimda... :(
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

What is nimda?

I remember Tao Tao, this was also some sweet melody. On the backside of the Patrik Pacard-vinyl there is another famous track "Alice in Wonderland". Four minutes of the same stuff repeating, I guess this is the most boring track CB ever made.

Is it maybe that CB had an affection for female singers with some kind of "vibrato" in their voice? When I listened to Patrik Pacard after so many years, I thought "oh my God, her voice partly sounds like Mireille Mathieu". And now I see he even produced the songs of MM. What a coincidence! ;-)
Same for Katja Ebstein´s voice.

Oh, and if you´ve got the same 128Kbit MP3 of PP like the versions floating around the net, I prefer the vinyl.
putzi
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Secret

Post by putzi »

btw, some female "uhhhh-aaaah"-background-vocals like in CB´s songs (especially like in CF) were also used on Sash´s song "Secret" (feat. Sarah Brightman). I just listened to it :-)
putzi