Thanks!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Thanks!

Post by Chris Abbott »

It occurred to me that there's no credits list for BIT Live, so I'd like to publicly say some huge thanks. It's kind of unfair to single people out, but it would be more unfair to ignore the people who have done great deeds.

to Skitz, who tirelessly sorted out the technical details, HD recorder, event recording, etc, and who basically made it so that I didnt 'have to worry about the front of house, the video recording, or anything like that. To top it off, he also contributed a huge amount AND helped out with the financing AND helped on the webpage!

Kenz was also a main man behind the scene, as always working on the webpage, logos, and the posters.

Boz was a main man, not only for help with financing but by taking a huge weight off my shoulders when I needed it most. *sniff*

And of course all the performers, who were doing it for the joy of it. And madfiddler: half dead with a chest infection and he pulls THAT off... and Ben doing all that on four hours of sleep, spent doing musical bits for the band... Jon for saving our ass bass-wise, Marcel for being a rock, Andreas for organising and drumming, PPOT who contributed money to the concert to make it happen... the Mafia, who were self-sustaining, and Visa R, who made the venue sound so beautiful and look so pretty ;-)

Also Octave, of course, Neil Carr for donating loads of CDs to the VIPs and also being there at the right time to unload the van into the venue along with his on-the-way-to-the-pub gang. Everyone who helped load again at the end of the night... you guys probably saved me from being ill this time round, since after a BIT Live with heavy lifting I always lose two weeks being ill...

Also Bog, Dave Masters, Gazl, Matrix and Sandra (nice poster!), the guy who did the SID80s video loop... and this is the point at which I run out of names. There'll probably be loads of edits to this post...

Special thanks to Tanya for putting up with the madness and having faith in the vision. Whatever it was.

Edit:
{none yet}

Chris
renegade_si
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by renegade_si »

...and of course well done yet again to yourself Chris - without you, none of ANY of this would have happened.

You know of course what Sir Redgrave said after his last but one gold medal performance - if anyone sees me in another boat you can shoot me, then 4 years later.....

Give it a few weeks, and I'm sure Tanya will understand.

We will :)
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back Chris!
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

I don't deserve thanks - I owe you thanks, Chris. You, the bands, and the people who turned up... I damned well love you all.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't alone, beleiving in something beautiful.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

Yes, thanks Chris for a wonderful event (my first, so I don't have anything to compare with except other "normal" concerts, but this rocked those right out!).

Also, thanks Skitz for putting up with us silly SLAY Radio people pestering you about audio feeds, running out in the middle of the day to find a proper sound card, not blowing up at me being in the way constantly, etc etc. You're the man!
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

fnordpojk wrote:Also, thanks Skitz for putting up with us silly SLAY Radio people pestering you about audio feeds, running out in the middle of the day to find a proper sound card, not blowing up at me being in the way constantly, etc etc. You're the man!
Hey!! I am SLAY RADIO people too! I even had the T-Shirt to prove it! It was a little tight in the FoH and it only became a problem when I was trying to set-up for the first act :) In the end we had to use PPOT's laptop for their set so it became very tight over that side.... I am only sorry that the feed wasn't mixed so well but unfortunately the PA guys had a lot on their plate with the actual show.....

Thanks must go to yourself and Slaygon for getting everything ready in record time! The Audigy 2 NX will definately not go to waste in my set-up either - it's not a bad sound card on a system with USB2!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

skitz wrote:Hey!! I am SLAY RADIO people too! I even had the T-Shirt to prove it!
Well, the emphasis was on "silly". ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Hey im just happy you guys are lettin us help out :) If it wasnt for your vision Chris - none of us would be here, mixing, talking, and making mates... before 2002 if some1 had said "your gonna meet hubbard galway abbott whittiker daglish and mahoney etc" id NEVER have believed em in a million years.

Thx for halping make MY dreams come true bud ;) I see it as i owe YOU one.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: Thanks!

Post by madfiddler »

Chris Abbott wrote:and Visa R, who made the venue sound so beautiful and look so pretty ;-)

Also Octave, of course, Neil Carr for donating loads of CDs to the VIPs and also being there at the right time to unload the van into the venue along with his on-the-way-to-the-pub gang.
Not half..... Thanks Hanna ;) cough.... Neil... next time, save yourself for the end!!!!
Last edited by madfiddler on 13/09/2004 - 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
Dasse
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dasse »

Thanks everybody who was there and specially Abbott for setting up the whole thing! =)
It was a pleasure to both meet ya all in person and to listen to Ben, PPOT and all the others!

/Dasse, the dude with the "Commodore User" t-shirt
64 64´s
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

HAHAHAHAHA AHAHA AHAHA AA AHAHAHAH AHAHAH AA *Oh shit some1 grab my sides n stop em splitting* HAHAHAHAHA AHAHAH A AHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Dasse wrote:Thanks everybody who was there and specially Abbott for setting up the whole thing! =)
It was a pleasure to both meet ya all in person and to listen to Ben, PPOT and all the others!

/Dasse, the dude with the "Commodore User" t-shirt
Dasse! That was you! I saw you at Kings Cross in the morning, then again at the venue. I was the guy in the Commodore Scene T-shirt. Glad you enjoyed it.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: Thanks!

Post by madfiddler »

Andreas Wallström wrote:
And personally, I think Mark sucked.

Andreas // http://www.c64hq.com
Yeah, your timing problems seemed to have rubbed off on me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

HAHAHAHAahAHaHaHA OMG Its BITCH Central around here lol .... next thing ya know some1 will have a go at Slaygon for swearing on-air - !! DOH !! lol ..... cats claw at 2 o'Clock - DUCK !! lol