So who were you ?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

um, TDK of....

THR - The Hacking Relation, with Adam... I think he finally used one of my shitty "learning to use soundtracker" modules.

Aside from the shite, I guess I became most famous with my chip tunes for Anthrox, Crystal, and Melon Design.

That's me.. the bloke who never wrote a good full sized mod but people liked my Amiga chip tunes... feck... if I had ever been on C64.... ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

My mods only exist on tape these days, but maybe ill hook the deck up and throw some of my old mods up as mp3's sometime. The only crack I was ever involved with was populous 2 .... we took it from a 3 disc game to a 1 disc game, with trainer... collaborative event between The Troopers (my first group) and China Syndrome.... The group split after that. Major releases were The REd Sector Kit discs and 3 Extras discs as licenseware from PD Soft in Essex, and the Real 3D Extras discs - also licenseware.

Also some of you may have come across our copier... "Piracopy", using ARS technology lol ..... "Advanced Replication System" or sumthin lol ... copied Obitus anyhow, and that was a real bitch of a game for protection.

Lots of fun....... :)

Wonder if any of you made it to the 1992 Anarchy hosted CopyParty at Bridgewater... hmmm
Last edited by Matrix on 02/05/2006 - 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

I remember piracopy :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Heres a couple of shots of some of our stuff...

Theres more but i wont bore you with it lol ....
Last edited by Matrix on 02/05/2006 - 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Piracopy rings a bell 8)

It's funny that I also started out copying thousand of games for both C64 and Amiga, and now later I'm a fanatical anti-pirate with only original software, original cds, movies and only original games for all my systems.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

i bet in a way lagerfeldt your like me you don't really understand what damage is being caused until you inside the bubble so to speak.
AdamDawes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by AdamDawes »

madfiddler wrote:THR - The Hacking Relation, with Adam... I think he finally used one of my shitty "learning to use soundtracker" modules.
Chubby Chip Chip? :-)

Oh that reminds me, I was in Anthrox too. And also briefly in a group called Qube. We had an awesome graphics artist whose handle was Havok (his real name was Steve I believe). I wonder what happened to him?

And my handle was Firefly.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

lol, ages before that... it was my 4th mod called... aha... marksong 4, renamed Fractals 4 cos it was a fractals demo you did...

I remember Havok.. He was awesome..

Whatever happened to Studiomaster....
AdamDawes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by AdamDawes »

madfiddler wrote:lol, ages before that... it was my 4th mod called... aha... marksong 4, renamed Fractals 4 cos it was a fractals demo you did...
Hehe -- wonder if that's available online somewhere? Most of your tunes seem to be on back2roots.org, I shall take a look. :)
madfiddler wrote:Whatever happened to Studiomaster....
You know, I've no idea. I wondered several times what happened to him too but he seems to have vanished without trace (or changed his handle). There are a few people on Friends Reunited that could be him but I refuse to pay them five quid for an email address...
AdamDawes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by AdamDawes »

AdamDawes wrote:Hehe -- wonder if that's available online somewhere? Most of your tunes seem to be on back2roots.org, I shall take a look. :)
What do you know, there it is!
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Never was really in a demo group or anything on the C64. I was in Mental Image on the Amiga - a shareware games making group. We came out with a couple of game disks; one was just released into the Shareware world and the second was on the front of Amiga Power magazine.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Trent of The Danish Aliens (C64 & Amiga)
beyond of hybris/NEMESIS (WiLD! & PC demos)

-Theo
Cheetor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Cheetor »

Boz wrote:Never was really in a demo group or anything on the C64. I was in Mental Image on the Amiga - a shareware games making group. We came out with a couple of game disks; one was just released into the Shareware world and the second was on the front of Amiga Power magazine.
What games did you do? I might have seen some of them!
Views in my posts are my own and not necessarily that of Auto Assembly
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

Cheetor wrote:What games did you do? I might have seen some of them!
MI Gamedisk 1 had Rebound, Invaders and GridRunner; disk 2 had Satu, Willie in the Castle of Dreams and the imaginately-titled(!) Invaders 2.

More info at http://www.c64retro.com/mig.php, if you're interested!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Me and my chums set up the group Computer World (named after the Kraftwerk track) way back in the Compunet era and I released a few demos onto the Net. My Batmania demo got some quite high votes I seem to remember - and I also did a "hi-res" demo and "lo-res" demo (wooow) which basically featured loads of game sprites on a pic and a scrolly message.

I then joined the UK demo group Xentrix and did a few bits of gfx, logos and scrolltexts for them.

I was then asked to join Cosine by TMR - so I did! And I'm still a member to this day. Yay!

Oh, and a I ran a little PD library called Binary Zone too ...

And released a couple of games on my Psytronik label ...

And took over The Guild Adventure Software ...

And joined forces with c64audio.com ...

And, er, that's it! (So far).
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net