New info for C64 direct to TV

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

New info for C64 direct to TV

Post by tomsk »

Details of all the games are featured in this PDF document. Lookin good !

http://www.commodore.net/site/pdf/C64_direct_to_TV.pdf

:lol:
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Now try loading Cybernoid 1 or 2 into an emulator and play it by ONLY using up, down, left, right and fire.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Can't imagine Uridium or Paradroid will work without diagonals so maybe ... just maybe ... the joystick will have diagonals!

Note: The above two games are the main reason I'll be buying one. Well, that and the fact it's a C64-crammed-into-a-joystick! Now that I gotta see!
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

But there weren't any "real" diagonals in original c64 joystics either, so I don't think that should be a problem..?

Using the PC's keyboard up/down/left/right is a matter of practice: by now I'd say I play Uridium/Cybernoid/Turrican better using the PC keyboard than by using a joystick...

- Markus :)
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Actually Craig I did make a point that quite a few games might might be redered unplayable without some sort of additional buttons/re-programming.

The main piece of interest on the PDF doc was that although this version does not feature it, they obviously plan to allow downloads and multiplayer functions.....
Of course it all depends how they handle it as to whether it will be a huge success. Imagine if they get this in the shops before Xmas - it would be a huge seller, but it wouldn't suprise me if they miss the Xmas target.....Fingers crossed...

Imagine being able to play your 30 favorite games on a portable joystick.....:) Great stuff
Cheetor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Cheetor »

The question is whether they manage to do it properly or not. The Commodore branded CD-Rs are pretty good quality (and look funky when you've got remixes burned onto them as audio CDs!) but just try finding them in stores anywhere!

I found them by accident at a computer fair the other week and didn't even know they existed so I just wonder whether the C64 DTV will ever make it into the shops at all and if it does, will it ever make it by the timescale they are promising? I don't think so. :(
Views in my posts are my own and not necessarily that of Auto Assembly
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Thinking about it, yeah - Zipsticks and Comp Pro's only had four microswitches. I'm sure the Commodore Bods won't restrict the joystick travel to left/right, up/down.

And Cheetor, there's some quite cool weird Commodore stuff on the market thanks to the short-lived Escom takeover. I've got a nice Commodore CD rack which I guess I should fill with C64 remix CDs! They also did some mini-speakers for PCs (always wish I'd bought a pair of those for my C64!) and mousemats etc.
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Cheetor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Cheetor »

The things with these CD-Rs is that they are actually brand new and produced by Tulip!! Got a great on them though - 100 discs in jewel cases for £20. I'll try and get a photo of one of them and post a link some time today or tomorrow.

With cool stuff, I remember when I sent off my guarantee registration card for my Amiga 2000 back in '89 and Commodore sent me a free gift - a Commodore-branded 110 camera!!
Views in my posts are my own and not necessarily that of Auto Assembly
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I saw a couple of Commodore walkie talkies a couple of years ago...
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:But there weren't any "real" diagonals in original c64 joystics either, so I don't think that should be a problem..?

Using the PC's keyboard up/down/left/right is a matter of practice: by now I'd say I play Uridium/Cybernoid/Turrican better using the PC keyboard than by using a joystick...
My point about Cybernoid actually had nowt to do with diagonals—you need the number keys to switch weapons. Without them, it's totally unplayable.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

CraigG wrote:My point about Cybernoid actually had nowt to do with diagonals—you need the number keys to switch weapons. Without them, it's totally unplayable.
True, and you have to key in your name at Summer Games etc... but I'm certain they'll test the games properly before selling the thing... They'll have to make adaptions to the games anyway (think of two-sided disks?) or make some clumsy interface for changing disk sides...

We'll see ;)

- Markus