The Greenee Smiley ......

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

The Greenee Smiley ......

Post by DHS »

...that some anonymous voted on Glyn's Rastan...

it's not a manifestation of free will.

It's like a shit stamped on a Caravaggio painting.

Translating, a vile act of vandalism done by a poor, idiot mind.

Ok Markus, "here we go again". May be. But vandalism offends me. Much.

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Glyn R Brown
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Glyn R Brown »

I noticed that one a while back , but not to worry :)
I suppose that style of music doesn't suit some peoples taste , it's understandable i guess .

As answer to your question Dhs , the vocals are from an AKAI sample cd called "World Voices" . :wink:
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

These "bad" smilies appear in almost all hiclass remixes.
I think, most of the times they're tactical votings of other anonymous remixers, sometimes it's pure ignorance. :x
Well, the voting system is like it is, it's not perfect but what possibilities do we have to eliminate such dumb malpractice?!
This is part of all democracy though.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Romeo Knight wrote:I think, most of the times they're tactical votings of other anonymous remixers, sometimes it's pure ignorance. :x
LMan checks them to avoid anti-voting, so what remains is ignorance and stupidity. One may not like Glyn or other hitclass remixes, but, if a little of intelligence pervade his brain, he must recognize the whole picture.
Romeo Knight wrote:Well, the voting system is like it is, it's not perfect but what possibilities do we have to eliminate such dumb malpractice?!
Vandalism (because this *is* vandalism) isn't democracy, is idiocy, in my pov.

What to do? Each vote with a name and a date. But this has already been discussed many times. It seems we have to live whit it.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

DHS wrote:
Romeo Knight wrote:I think, most of the times they're tactical votings of other anonymous remixers, sometimes it's pure ignorance. :x
LMan checks them to avoid anti-voting, so what remains is ignorance and stupidity. One may not like Glyn or other hitclass remixes, but, if a little of intelligence pervade his brain, he must recognize the whole picture.
Romeo Knight wrote:Well, the voting system is like it is, it's not perfect but what possibilities do we have to eliminate such dumb malpractice?!
Vandalism (because this *is* vandalism) isn't democracy, is idiocy, in my pov.
What to do? Each vote with a name and a date. But this has already been discussed many times. It seems we have to live whit it.
Don't give a sh*t on what people do with that votings. What harm is done? You are angry. That's the damage. You paid the price and you shouldn't. This may sound very strange from a man who is exploding with anger at very minor things but I can't do anything about it but beg you to take those unintelligent glitches with a light heart. Hey, he is the idiot, not you. If his little ego can't stand Glyn receiving appreciation for his work, he is a sad person to be pitied.
All is lost.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I find myself in agreeance, when you put work out for the purveyance, you have to expect that some1 wont like it and will score accordingly - if you cant take low scores, you shouldnt put things up for voting. Voting goes both ways, its never all good.

I think the track is great, but not every1 will hold that opinion, and you gotta be able to take the rough with the smooth. For example, i cant stand House music, Hip Pop, Grunge and Thrash Metal, but im sure some1 somewhere likes it... id give that a greenie, theyd give a yellow... and thats the nature of the world.

You can only do your best and hope the world agrees :)

My 2p.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey all, checked it out. The person who has cast the Image is someone whose identity is confirmed, and whose voting profile shows that he seems to be rather into rock/techno. So I guess he just can't relate to Glyn's masterpiece, or maybe he had anticipated a totally different version, who knows.

Aside from that; although most high rated mixes have a Image or a Image, they're always cast by different people, and not rarely by regulars. So no conspiracies, rather different tastes.

<b>Those are the facts. Please keep them in mind when proceeding with this discussion.</b> ;)
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

As i said Markus, this has been made pretty clear.

Anyway, as much one can think to be on the right side voting a Image or Image on Glyn track 'cos he likes other kinds of music, i still think he's a *poor* *idiot* (whoever he is), because he's not able to look beyond the prejudices his limited mind dictates him.

An approach like Matrix one is appreciable; he doesn't like a kind of music, but still recognizes the abilities and dedication beyond a track.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

heh, tum te tum...
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Indeed DHS, im well aware of the work that goes into music, ive been playing piano, organ and synths since 1983 and remixing with sound/noisetracker / dance ejay etc etc for years.... But im no public performer (although i did get 2nd in the regional yamaha uk contest for my John Williams Medley lol - I almost destroyed the HX1 by rocking it with the footpedal with nerves !!), and cos i know im crap, i dont feel i need a greenie to tell me what i already know lol ... hence i dont put my work out.

Add to that the lack of time i have these days to actually work on such stuff anymore.... I had willing back in september, but i just cant dedicate to it, too much other stuff happening.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Matrix wrote: For example, i cant stand (...) Grunge and Thrash Metal,
:shock: F*ck! I think I'll have to rework my latest productions to come.... :wink:
Retrovertigo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Retrovertigo »

Any track can be appreciated on many differnet levels. Wheter it be compostion, arrangment, production, genre or simply for bringing something usual or different to the fore.

In the same respect I completely agree with DHS and cannot understand how anyone can award a green face to any track without thinking that it had failed miserably in all of those catergories. There is surely a redeeming factor even if it's not the type of music you like.

The vote was either the product of laziness or it was done out of vindictiveness. :evil:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

or heavens above.. maybe someone didn't actually like it?

now, isn't that a unique idea? ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

What makes it worse is that if yall jump on ppl who give negative votes or statements, ppl will stop voting which defeats the point. Votes are there for an indeviduals honest appraisal of your work, if you cant be honest without fear of retro-bution (ya i liked that play on words too lol), then why bother.

Think about it....
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Romeo Knight wrote:
Matrix wrote: For example, i cant stand (...) Grunge and Thrash Metal,
:shock: F*ck! I think I'll have to rework my latest productions to come.... :wink:
I guess you're not the only one :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers