Polite request

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Polite request

Post by Jax »

Hey guys - I was wondering if anybody out there has a complete collection of R:K:O remixes - including the ones that disappeared a few years back - and would be willing to let me grab 'em?

If it was DVD's I'd be happy to pay somehow, or if it's a personal FTP (and you can spare the temporary bandwidth) even better!

I *did* have a near complete collection at one point, but moved around, killed my HD and never had a backup.

I'm wanting to put together a (fairly) simple program to generate playlists (m3u / pls) based on search terms. It'll just be a dialog-based program with wildcard fields for things like "Game", "Composer", "Remixer", etc., allowing somebody to generate a playlist for (as an example) all tunes matching "Hubbard" in the "Composer" field, or to grab all of Trace's mixes by supplying "Trace" in the "Remixer" field. Depending on how deep I need to go, I could make it cumulative, adding stuff to the list as you go (entering things in the fields successivley until you've isolated all of the tunes you want).

Once it's generated you could either randomize the list within the program or just let your MP3 player randomize... Either way I think it'd be quite a handy thing to have, but I'd like to write and test it on a more-or-less complete archive.

I notice that at least recent tunes have complete MP3 tag information, but there would still be a bit of work to allow for some of the fields (like the game name and/or the remixer or original composer) - I'd be happy to do that as I'd be using the program myself.

Any takers...?

Am I (as a Geordie is wont to do) talking out of my a$$?

Cheers chaps!

Jax

(FWIW - I'm actually a programmer by trade [games], so I'm not really talking out of my ass - I just need to get some time to do it!)
LDA #$0F
STA $D418