Licenses..

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Licenses..

Post by the_JinX »

I've wondered about this for a while..

It's quite hard to find out what one is allowed to do with resources found here.
It might be a good idea to specify what license the content is released under.
There is also quite some questions about it here on the forums..

It might not have been a problem in the past but I suspect it might become one in the future..

I know LMan is the man to ask about these kind of things.. But I'd like to debate it publicaly.. Perhaps here is not the place in that case feel free to delete, move or otherwise mangle this post ;)

Perhaps the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike or something for music on RKO.

More info on chosing licenses.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Licenses..

Post by Chris Abbott »

Most content is released under the "it's technically illegal but no one cares unless you do something commercially" licence.

There's no way that RKO content could be released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike licence because that would require the consent of the original composer as well as the arranger: and the fact is that most of the C64 tunes people would bother to cover are already copyrighted.

Just FYI, Jan has permission from me for many of the tunes on RKO that I administer.

[edit] There's actually an article I wrote about this which is in the Remix64 menu pages somewhere. http://www.remix64.com/about_getting_st ... mixer.html
the_JinX wrote:I've wondered about this for a while..

It's quite hard to find out what one is allowed to do with resources found here.
It might be a good idea to specify what license the content is released under.
There is also quite some questions about it here on the forums..

It might not have been a problem in the past but I suspect it might become one in the future..

I know LMan is the man to ask about these kind of things.. But I'd like to debate it publicaly.. Perhaps here is not the place in that case feel free to delete, move or otherwise mangle this post ;)

Perhaps the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike or something for music on RKO.

More info on chosing licenses.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

Well that makes it a bit clearer..

With a couple of mates we were interested in doing a 'scene' related documentary (mostly hacker scene but some demo/music scene stuff too)..

It's not gonna be commercial..
But I'll (try) and contact the remixers (and composers) where possible if (and when) we decide on the music..

Thx Chris.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

the_JinX wrote:Well that makes it a bit clearer..

With a couple of mates we were interested in doing a 'scene' related documentary (mostly hacker scene but some demo/music scene stuff too)..

But I'll (try) and contact the remixers (and composers) where possible if (and when) we decide on the music..

Thx Chris.
It's best to make me the first point of contact so I can redirect you appropriately.

Chris
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Thx Chris.

feel free to use any of my 2klang, ifadeo or x-klang remixes... :wink:
if you need....

cheers ifadeo
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

ifadeo wrote:

Thx Chris.

feel free to use any of my 2klang, ifadeo or x-klang remixes... :wink:
if you need....

cheers ifadeo
We're a generous lot :) But you still have to check with me because of the composers.

Chris
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

the_JinX wrote:I know LMan is the man to ask about these kind of things..
Not really, Chris is the consiglieri. :)
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:
the_JinX wrote:I know LMan is the man to ask about these kind of things..
Not really, Chris is the consiglieri. :)
I'll try to remember :oops: