WHAT THE FUCK...

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

indeed , joey from slipknot is a very acomplished drummer too and did something similiar a few years back
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

omoroca wrote:At least this guy's talent isn't wasted. AWESOME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-XJSg35yk
What did you expect, it's Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater!?
He's fantastic but still has a very technical style.
If you like him, you should also check Mike Mangini:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pROEtW2UGCc

And don't forget to check our german master Marco Minnemann:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajvKW8ZmXm8
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

This fellow can play the drums... with room for a little improvement :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvZ39hE3PRs
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Rock music is not my genre, I'm more the R&B and Hip-Hop type.

This guy's really fast on the drums ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMajymVrxMk
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

omoroca wrote:Rock music is not my genre, I'm more the R&B and Hip-Hop type.
Aha. Then you should know the difference to "80's TV series Magnum"-sound a lot better.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Not pleased with my votings, eh? I never liked Magnum, even though everybody else did! ;-)
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

omoroca wrote:Not pleased with my votings, eh?
Well, it has this certain typical aspect: It says a lot more about you as a person than about the music. Think about it.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

O.K. thought about it still wanna stab her
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Bah, have we wonder off topic? Into someones overly large ego by the looks of it.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

C64GLeN wrote:Bah, have we wonder off topic?
Yeah! What the fuck, dudes!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

C64GLeN wrote:Bah, have we wonder off topic? Into someones overly large ego by the looks of it.
You should forgive Romeo that. He's a musician, these guys are sensitive. ;-)

Strange, how some people seem to think: "The person has judged over my works, so now I can judge over the person."
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

omoroca wrote:
C64GLeN wrote:Bah, have we wonder off topic? Into someones overly large ego by the looks of it.

Strange, how some people seem to think: "The person has judged over my works, so now I can judge over the person."
Actually, he's making a valid point: if a review or a vote says more about you than the work you're marking, then it's not a valid review or vote. This is true whenever anyone says "This sucks because I don't like HipHop" or whatever. All this tells you is that the person doesn't like HipHop. It tells you nothing about the quality (or otherwise) of the music.

There are some Amiga Reviews by a certain pest (who might scroll at different speeds depending on distance from the observer) which also say more about the reviewer than the music. It's a pain when that happens.

Of course, it's nice when people say "I love your tune because I love that style": oddly enough, there's an element of validity to that because it means you can imply that you have performed the style well enough for a fan to like it.

Just to confuse matters :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

omoroca wrote:

I can forgive Romeo a lot because he has contributed to the scene, unlike others who have done absolutely nothing but go mad with the power of being able to vote on other peoples work.

He doesn't over use the wink emoticon ;) and he also isn't a complete penis.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Dear Glen, may I kindly remind you of the message board rules no. 2 and 8:
viewtopic.php?t=3601
Ok, if calling someone a penis is what you call fun, then you should maybe find yourself a message board where there's no such thing as rule no. 2! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Dear Chris, I strongly disagree with you. There are guidelines for the reviews here
http://www.remix64.com/review_guidelines.html
but not for the votes or the shouts. Of course it's a matter of definition, but I think writing "Technically Ok but I personally don't like it", which is not objective, shouldn't be written in a review. But for a shout box, this seems Ok to me. Whereas you have to listen to a song several times and analyze it in depth before you can write a review, it should be Ok to cast a vote after hearing a tune only once. For writing a review, you should be related to making music in some way, whereas anyone should be encouraged to cast votes, even without knowing anything about chords and stuff. Any other opinions? LMan? Anyone?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

omoroca wrote:Dear Glen, may I kindly remind you of the message board rules no. 2 and 8:
viewtopic.php?t=3601
Ok, if calling someone a penis is what you call fun, then you should maybe find yourself a message board where there's no such thing as rule no. 2! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Dear Chris, I strongly disagree with you. There are guidelines for the reviews here
http://www.remix64.com/review_guidelines.html
but not for the votes or the shouts. Of course it's a matter of definition, but I think writing "Technically Ok but I personally don't like it", which is not objective, shouldn't be written in a review. But for a shout box, this seems Ok to me. Whereas you have to listen to a song several times and analyze it in depth before you can write a review, it should be Ok to cast a vote after hearing a tune only once. For writing a review, you should be related to making music in some way, whereas anyone should be encouraged to cast votes, even without knowing anything about chords and stuff. Any other opinions? LMan? Anyone?
I said that such votes were "invalid": but they're not illegal. Pretty worthless, maybe, if they convey more about the reviewer than the reviewed, but not illegal.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?