Might & Magic

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Might & Magic

Post by xo »

Back in the "early" days of PC computing, I used to be a huge fan of Might and Magic. The first one I played was this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_and_ ... _of_Heaven

Any fellow fans here? I can't explain why, but this game had a special hold on me. Granted, it had places that were overcrowded with hordes of obstacles that sometimes seemed unsurmountable, but somehow very story-driven and yet quite open-ended in the sense that there were many smaller storylines and quests you could follow, but they would often lead up to the main plot. Somewhat like the recent block-buster title Oblivion, but maybe stronger still. (Hurrah for mindblowing graphics!)

I suppose the newest game that had me this enthusiastic was actually Oblivion! So maybe, once I get the time to game again, I should try older Elder Scrolls games? Though I'll be missing that incredibly cool graphics and landscape generator of Oblivion.

Anyway...
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

I am a fan of Heroes of Might and Magic and have played every installment since Heroes II. Not exactly the same thing but it is an off-spin of the original Might and Magic series.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I also somewhat like Heroes of Might & Magic. But the original series has captured me more. It also features quite good music, including acoustic guitar.
Ronin
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ronin »

Might and Magic - The Mandate of Heaven was the first 3D-RPG which had a classical RPG-feeling after a looong time.

It was the first quench of water after a trip through the desert.