Fatal server crash (and the state of the scene)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Fatal server crash (and the state of the scene)

Post by Analog-X64 »

I'm going to make a recommendation in the site thread that would come in handy in topics such as this.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, we all want what's best for the scene, but this thread has established that there are many different mental pictures of what this scene is, and what it's trying (if anything) to accomplish.

I do have a problem, and I do need urgent help. I'm just not sure how/when/why/what/if the solution will be, and I don't think anyone else is, either.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris: what IS the inner circles intentions with all this then? ... I'd really like to hear that to better understand your ambitions... both Slay, RKO and C64audio. :)

My own interrests in the scene is to make remixes of stuff that bring back memory, and to listen to others interpretation of tunes... I want a forum where I pretty much can talk in a friendly manner with likeminded SID freaks, and give and recieve feedback.

This was what I found here... I've always seen C64audio as a "side effect" of the whole community... but this has changed today. I never came here to buy stuff (I actually buy very little music, so it has nothing with C64audio to do), but I'll certainly take that up to rethinking now.

I may have seen a subscription fee at RKO as a solution... but I'm goodwilled enough to be able to see purchases at C64audio.com as my "subscription fee" that will asure that the scene stays alive.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

All this makes me think if it would be possible to make a sister-site just like Remix64, but totaly for original music by the remixers? a site with the same friendly forums and such... it could be exactly the same system setup...

With this there would be no original authors to pay royalties to, and maybe income from this site could in turn "feed" the economy hungry remix scene of SID? I've noticed that many in the scene feel an urge to show of their original skills also, so I think many would use this feature don't you? ... I certainly would.

This way you'd be free from the "SID Nerd Paranoia" of the general public also with this new site.
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Ok, I just have to ask: Is there a way to see this forum in threaded version? I mean, Razmo is like pushing out a new post for almost every paragraph, and I'm guessing he is watching a threaded version and replying to various posts...? I just can't see it in this flat view of the forum.

PS! By the way Razmo, no, I don't think you post a lot. Not at all. No no no ;)
Experto credite!
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

k_rostoen wrote:Ok, I just have to ask: Is there a way to see this forum in threaded version? I mean, Razmo is like pushing out a new post for almost every paragraph, and I'm guessing he is watching a threaded version and replying to various posts...? I just can't see it in this flat view of the forum.

PS! By the way Razmo, no, I don't think you post a lot. Not at all. No no no ;)
He he! ... well I promised in another thread, that I'll have to ramble for the following next few weeks to remedy the lost posts in the server crash... I lost over 100 posts from that week :blush:
Don't worry, I'll try and remember to quote when I reply to someones post :lol:

and no... I'm not viewing anything in threaded views... I just read, have an opinion and press "Reply" :duh:
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Is there any chance of getting the paperback edition of this thread?
:shock:
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Paperback version:

Razmo: :(
Me: :oops: :? :( :( :roll: :evil: :( :idea: :?: :(

My horoscope from yesterday:
Today you could be in a sensitive mood, CHRIS. You could be more easily rattled by people's energy than usual. If people around you are stressed out, try not to let their emotions affect you. Stay detached, and take care of yourself. Relax by taking a long walk or playing some relaxing music. Don't get drawn into negative discussions that will only bring you down. If you are careful about what you connect with, you will be able to keep your spirits up!
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Every good thing comes to an end, but to every end comes another start.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Fatal server crash

Post by Mayhem »

Razmo wrote:Why even bother to tell them that it's C64 related!? ... wait until they've tapped their feet, or listened in awe.... then break the news when they cannot run back :wink:

But yes... I admit that many people seem to get a weird expression in their face when they learn the origins... my step father surely looked funny, when he was informed, after having secretly stepped his feet to the beat of my Action Biker remix :hysterical:
Both has happened... people who don't want to listen to any C64 remixes because of their origins (and perceived thoughts about why people remix) and people I know who have loved stuff, as you attest with your father, who have gone a bit weird after finding out it was a C64 remix.

Lazy Jones aka Kernkraft 440 was a blip in the system, sure they didn't pay for it initially but it's a lone example that yes it can get out there and be successful. Did anything in particular happen to the song itself in terms of acceptability and status after it came out it was a SID cover?
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Razmo wrote:All this makes me think if it would be possible to make a sister-site just like Remix64, but totaly for original music by the remixers? a site with the same friendly forums and such... it could be exactly the same system setup...

With this there would be no original authors to pay royalties to, and maybe income from this site could in turn "feed" the economy hungry remix scene of SID? I've noticed that many in the scene feel an urge to show of their original skills also, so I think many would use this feature don't you? ... I certainly would.

This way you'd be free from the "SID Nerd Paranoia" of the general public also with this new site.
Here's a record label in distress. Lets all start selling bananas. Everyone loves bananas. Especially ours. So everyone will buy them.
Once the banana-money starts flowing in we'll donate it to said label. Problem solved.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: Here's a record label in distress. Lets all start selling bananas. Everyone loves bananas. Especially ours. So everyone will buy them.
Once the banana-money starts flowing in we'll donate it to said label. Problem solved.
Put me down for a dozen banana's, I'm low on potassium.

Hey Razmo... want some banana's? I'll share.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

OK, C64Audio.com is back up, with some improvements (especially to the search) courtesy of betatesters Jan, Kenz and Ziphoid. No "album download" yet: it would have delayed the launch for another two days, but it will get done.

Anyone want to ... y'know...?

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Wow, the one visitor almost cripped the server with his manly cart adding :) Cool!
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Not working very well. Tried to listen to some previews from The Blithe, the Blend and the Bizarre, but nada.
Experto credite!