BIT Live Stockholm 2008 (Sept 13th) - Thanx for the fun!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: BIT Live Stockholm 2008 (Sept 13th) Tickets available NOW!

Post by Ziphoid »

Sooo.... ....thoughts, comments, positives, negatives? Please express how you felt about the event... :)

...and to all of you attending - a BIG THANK YOU and I hope you surely enjoyed it as much as we did...

...a separate thank you-post will come to all the people who helped out! We had a good time!

// Ziph
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Just FUCKING AWESOME. The acts were great, the venue was excellent and everything went really really well. Thanks for organising it John and Andreas I had a blast and cant wait for the next one :)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Smirnoff Ice

Post by Smirnoff Ice »

I thought it was great. I arrived a little late so unfortunately I missed most of Reyn Ouwehand's set so I can't comment on that. I didn't think he would go up on stage so early. 6581 did great, quite a few people headbanging in front of the stage! Jeroen Tel was very playful, energetic and entuasiastic and put on a good show. I assume he played both Cybernoid and Hawkeye but somehow I managed to miss them both :shock:

Venue was good, great location and good opening hours to 3 in the morning. Not easy to find for those first time visitors from outta town I imagine but the step by step photos on the homepage for people getting of the subway was a nice touch.

C64's for playing was a good idea, from what I could see it was pretty crowded all through the evening. I even got to sit down for a bit and play some Armalyte.

Overall it was a good vibe, I got to meet and chat with Fred Gray for a while and people seemed very approachable and laid back. Thanks to the organizers and a special thanks to the hardcore crowd that for most of the night kept it going in front of the stage. :)
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

It was awesome. Wow. I feel like a stiff today after dancing that much(and tossing a coder to the ground). You were all great, performers and audience alike, I love you!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Congratulations Andreas and John for pulling off a magnificent feat :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
mixer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mixer »

Awesome event, thank you so much!

I really enjoyed meeting many of you remix-scene people, many old c-64 scene friends and a few long time idols :D

Cheers, :cheers:

Andreas, Ziphoid and everyone else
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

This was one great bit live, amazing live acts and I just loved the supprise act by 6581 "Cream of the earth" with no other that the amazing Romeo Knight on the lead, chills all over!!! :D

It was fun to meet up with all ppl I recognise and all not so familiar faces :D
Also shy me didn't talk to Reyn and Romeo Knight this fine evening :oops: :bash:

Me and my wife will defenitly come to the next event if possible (baby sitter stuff) :D

Big thanks and 10/10 on this Top event John and Andreas! :D :cheers:

Ps: @moog and hazel: Stockholm wasn't that bad to drive in this time :lol: :wink: :ds
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Just got home... my only regret is that I didnt talk or meet everyone I wanted to, possibly something to do with trying to hunt Dane down all night ;)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Tired, and somehow not aching from all the moshing done to Jereon's set again...! Expect photos later when I've drop them off the camera. And video!

Great to meet everyone, old and new to these events... hope I didn't look too freaky on stage :lol:

Another terrific evening there... as I said before, you keep putting them on, we'll keep coming to them 8)
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Smirnoff Ice

Post by Smirnoff Ice »

I've got some photos from the show, should I post them in this thread or make a separate thread about it? I'd like to see other photos as well, I saw quite a few (real) photographers that night so I'm curious where all photos will end up :)
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

There's a separate thread for media... I'll be dumping the best ones I took to my Flickr stream no doubt... and the videos if good enough (sound wise, my camera bled for me and not my ears!) to YouTube...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Skuggan

Post by Skuggan »

I had a great time also even though I had to concentrate on filming all the time. We wished we would have
time to interview more people. Som of them we will interview this week if possible and some were interviewed before the event.

I have started to feed all the tapes (25 1hour bands) into the editing system now.

In a week there will hopefully be some previews available.

A big thank to the organizers and the performers and a huge hug to Danko who let us sleep in his
apartment. Even though him and Joeroen Tel tried to keep us awake making music in Dankos kitchen
all night. :D

//Skuggan and Dan (The camera Crew)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I just wanted to say GREAT JOB to Andreas and John. Finally you can relax, sit back and give yourself a pat on the back for an event well executed. :D

We (Sara and I) had a really great weekend. The trains was actually on time, the hostel was really nice and it was great to meet the old gang again! And of course, to see new people, and to finally meet some long time Internet acquaintances in real life. As usual there was not enough time to speak to everyone as much as you'd like.

I got slightly more hammered than planned, so I'm not quite sure how my appearance as a presenter on stage was, but from the look of it most the crowd was as juiced up as I was - so I guess it evened out. ;)

I hope to see you all again some time soon!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Mika73
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mika73 »

Thanks of great C64 event :cheers:

Finally at hme and very tired. Way too little sleep at this weekend and flu.

Enjoyed all performers and finally meet Mayhem + other C64 gang 8)

Next year again? :cheers:

PS. SubZero, I tryed subscribe your podcast, but its not possible add it to iTunes at Finland. Want more C64 stuff.. and Jan where is C64 TakeAway.. :wink:
Skuggan

Post by Skuggan »

Mika73: Did you found somewhere to hang out after the party?