Announcement: Immortal 3

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

robrascal wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:
Schlicky wrote:Are wee still looking at a Thursday release for this fantastic looking album ?
It is indeed fantastic both in looks and sounds :)
Hey, that's not fair... :roll: I've pre-ordered at synsoniq a week ago and haven't got the CDs right yet. *cantwaitcantwaitcantwait* :D
(Maybe next time I should better order from Chris... ? :wink: )

@Jan: I've read on the official Immortal site, that (cite): "ordering from our website ensures that more money goes directly to the artists"
So, when I order from Synsoniq, the artits won't get the same money as when I order from the Immortal site?
It's economics that ordering any CD direct from the record label generally means this, yes. It's kind of unavoidable.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

Chris Abbott wrote:I'll be posting out the C64Audio ordered UK copies of the CD on the 14th June, first class :) So you should get it on launch day. Probably I'll be posting the Europe ones on the 13th. No one will get their copies before launch. Zat OK Jan?
Having ordered the CD along with that C64 DVD, is my package on its way as well by now? I'm used to the post taking a little longer to get things to Germany sometimes (bah), but it'll be good to know if I should watch my mailbox tomorrow already.. heh.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

weblaus wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:I'll be posting out the C64Audio ordered UK copies of the CD on the 14th June, first class :) So you should get it on launch day. Probably I'll be posting the Europe ones on the 13th. No one will get their copies before launch. Zat OK Jan?
Having ordered the CD along with that C64 DVD, is my package on its way as well by now? I'm used to the post taking a little longer to get things to Germany sometimes (bah), but it'll be good to know if I should watch my mailbox tomorrow already.. heh.
All the packages are on the way, yes... I didn't get to the Post Office on the 13th, but everything went out on the 14th, except for stuff ordered later in the day, which was posted today.

Chris
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Still waiting for my exemplar, hope I'll receive it tomorrow for my next show.;)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Errr... I'm afraid it's in fact me you have to blame for the slight delay with the synSONIQ pre-orders - the big mistake I made was to choose a release date which is a holiday in Germany; I really hadn't realized that until a couple of days ago! However, in order to avoid any further delays, I delivered the CDs personally to Langen yesterday (and took the opportunity to meet with Chris Huelsbeck there, who decided to visit his hometown after attending the PLAY! concert in Stockholm). Everyone who ordered the album from synSONIQ should have it next week - my apologies again for the delay... :oops:
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Thanks for the info, Jan.

[set wait-mode +1] :mrgreen:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Ok, atleast I don't have to sit at the mailbox the whole day then. Thnx for the update.
robrascal

Post by robrascal »

Chris Abbott wrote: It's economics that ordering any CD direct from the record label generally means this, yes. It's kind of unavoidable.
Unfortunatly it is not that simple. :) I'm living in germany (and yes, of course we will win the world cup 8) ).

First, I guess the CDs needs at least 3 days from Duba... err... England to my hometown. :) Then I've to pay the (additional) postage and the customs duty ("VAT").

And if my postman decides to break my CDs into two parts, so that the whole package will better fit in my mailbox (the german postal service is well known for this), I have to send the package back to England (and the german postal service is well know for high prices).

To sum up: I thought it is easier to order in germany. :)

@Jan: Thanks for the update - but it wasn't my intention to put you under pressure (I know I will get the ordered CDs :) ).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

<<<
First, I guess the CDs needs at least 3 days from Duba... err... England to my hometown. :) Then I've to pay the (additional) postage and the customs duty ("VAT").
>>>
There's _never_ any additional postage or VAT, Germany is in the EU, which means no extra costs of any kind.

<<about>>>
If you'd asked me, I would have told you I now package all CDs with TWO padded envelopes to avoid even minor breakage, and as long as people don't abuse the system, I never require them to send back stuff at their own cost, because that wouldn't be fair, and because I trust my customers.

Chris
robrascal

Post by robrascal »

Chris Abbott wrote: If you'd asked me, I would have told you I now package all CDs with TWO padded envelopes to avoid even minor breakage, and as long as people don't abuse the system, I never require them to send back stuff at their own cost, because that wouldn't be fair, and because I trust my customers.
Oops, Sorry. I didn't knew that. :oops:
I've read some articles about trouble with orders from the US and China and I assumed that this was vaild for all tranfers.

*bangwiththeheadonmydesk* And you wrote the "shipping within the EU"-stuff even on your c64audio-site. :roll:

Ok, next time you have a new customer. :wink: So, what will be the next realease? :wink:
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

No wonder then when nothing received yet but I take it easy and I'm happy to next week.:)

Edit (19.6.):

Hallo Manuel S.,
Ihre Bestellung (Nr: xxxx) wurde soeben auf den Weg gebracht.
Die Lieferzeit beträgt nun innerhalb Deutschlands 1-2 Tage, ansonsten
ca. 2-20 Tage.

Wenn Sie weitere Fragen haben, stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Wir würden uns freuen, bald wieder für Sie tätig zu werden.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ihr synSONIQ records Team
Karina Westphal-Ritz

E-Trade Handelsges. mbH
Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz 8
63225 Langen
Deutschland
Dis Cord
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dis Cord »

I just want to say, my expectations were very high and got even higher during the two years of waiting for the final product. But it really turned out brilliant.
Compared to its predecessors Immortal 3 holds not only twice as many remixes of overall very good quality, the track selection is also better. And some of those remixes (e.g. Ghouls'n'Ghosts) are simply amazing.
And I think the cover artwork is the best of any Commodore remix CD.
The only thing I wasn't completely satisfied with is the thin booklet.

Anyway, awesome stuff!
Congratulations Jan!
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Finally my copy arrived to day in the morning at 10:00 am - When I waked up at afternoon I opened my mailbox and moved the first CD in my CD Player with jitter hands to hear what's awaiting for me...

and I must say, I'm mostly abuzzed.:)

Here are my track reviews:

CD1:

Apidya:

Sounds very similar to the typical version from Hülsbeck on the Apidya Soundtrack but a bit different with the tune itself. Some new parts has been added, at one part it sounds a bit like the title tune from Z-Out but however, it's very beautiful:

Rating: (8/10)

Gods:

One of the few dissapointing tracks, sorry. The drums don't fit at all and the strings could sounds much better and more exciting.:( The version from "DaxxTRS" from Amiga Remix sounds much better for me.

Rating: (3/10)

Theathre of death:

I never played this game but it sounds very modern and cool.

Ghouls 'n' Ghosts:

No matter what songs was produced by Tim Follings, it always comes very cool even on the original. This remix is very similar to the Original but I think he could have done it much more better as he has admitted in the Ecco-Soundtrack.;)

Rating: (7/10)

Turrican 2:

It has been produced and copied so many times but this version is very different but not bad, in contrast! It's a very fresh and cool Remake of "Secret Dungeons" which wasn't well remixed up to now. - I really like it.

Turrican 3:

I never heard a remix of this game tune but naturally I remember this level tune. The remix is one of the best I ever heard from Hülsbeck.:) Everything is fitting here to another, a very accoustic and beatiful piece. Nothing what could sound better here in my oppinion. And additionally it's a track never remixed before (Second floor).

Rating: (10/10)

Fire & Ice:

A very cool version with very fitting samples although somethings seems to be missed. But however a very cool version.

Pinball Dreams:

First I thought, the version from Amiga Remix will be included (although it's not a bad version) but this one sounds very different. One moment I thought: It's really Pinball Dreams??? - So I listen it again and again...and I liked it more and more. A very cool and unusual Dance version and it deserves an correlatively vote. Some minimal better sound arrangement with a bit different strings and I would have given 10 Points.:)

Rating: (9/10)

Disposable Hero:

A very nice version although some parts are sounding a bit strange.

The Chaos Engine:

A very cool mix through the whole game with the most fitting beat compared to the Original. An absolute Highlight from this CD, even the very scary sound effects from World 3.:)

Agony:

There's nothing more to say to this track. This track never should be "overproduced" so it keeps his Originality with some more accoustic hall effects. Very brilliant as the original was...

Death Mask:

Another unknown track for me because I'm a bit more careful with my vote. It really sounds very accoustic and I love what I listen at the moment.:)

Defender of the crown:

A bit strange, particularly at the end of the song. Although the beginning sounds very nice, there are too many unfitting parts there even at the end with the completely askew sounding flute and the end. :?

Rating: (5/10)

Lotus 3:

Nice remake of this track although there's missing some "Pepp" even at the drums. I miss a bit better "Bassline" in this track. Apart from track a very decent mix.

The Plague:

Another track I didn't know but very nice produced. As I don't know the Original I only vote with personal feelings of this song:

Alien Breed:

A very atmospherical and "movie sounding track" (Alien Breed - The Movie???):D - Almost every string fits to this track, could almost be a track from Hülsbeck. - Definitely one of the best tracks of this CD.:)

Aquaventura:

Again a very atmospherical track, very light and fitting beat sequence comparable with an "Outro". Very brillant track, almost perfect.

Ambermoon:

Very beautiful track although I never played the Original. Very nice to place this track at the end of this CD.:)

To be continued...
Last edited by PARALAX on 21/06/2006 - 13:15, edited 2 times in total.
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

CD2:

Wings of death:

It isn't the first time that Jochen Hippel has produced this track. Some of very few members are still remembering to his first CD "Give it a try". However this version is much more Synth-Pop styled and not so "rocky" (with less Synth Pop) like in his first version. Maybe it's something missing somehow...maybe a the beat or something other. But I think it has to deserve a good vote neverless.:)

No second Prize:

I was a bit confused when I listening this track at the first seconds when it sounds like a japanese voice in a track from Schiller (very famous Chillout-Projekt in Germany). I need to listen it several times to make a final vote and I came to the fact that the voice that the voice is unfitting at some parts to the very cool background, even because the game isn't really related with japanese and african voices. But I like this track neverless...anyway.;)

Speedball 2:

The track is very similar to the "Brutal Method" version at Amigaremix from "Snear".;) It's using rock guitars but not the thy typical techno samples from the Original I hoped before.:( Sure, it's a good remix and a notable difference between the drums and the mastering process. Also the "crying peoples samples" in this track does his job very well. As I also liked the version from Snear, it's still a good choice for my oppinion.:)

Brat:

Finally a track which I heard never remixed at Amigaramix or somewhere else and it's bot bad.:) It's beginning a bit hardy but raising very quickly and the guitar sounds very cool there. So I think I could count to one of my favourite tracks on the 2nd CD.

Amberstar:

Another track which I can't remember the Original. :roll: However a very beautiful song and very nice arrangement even with the piano and background strings sounding almost like a movie Soundtrack. Very brilliant!

Shadow of the Beast 2:

One of the Highlights this CD. I've waited so long for a version that catched the "black mood" of this game, not an easy way but Tim Wright solved it very well with excellent Arrangement which is almost perfect in my opinion. I'm sure there will not be another remixer to the same way for this song, even to combinate the title and the "In-Game-Tune" so perfect as he did. 8)

Uridium 2:

Another game missing in my collection, maybe because I didn't really understand what people are liking on this game. :roll: - Neverless a very good Production although I can't compare it with the original right now.

Cardiaxx:

See above. I never heard this name before...what kind of game was it??? So I only vote the arrangement like I did with the other tracks I can't remember and it's quite good, sounding a bit like an 80's song.:)

Pinball Fantasies:

Definitely the best track of this CD in my opinion. I already heard it before in a Slay Radio show when I taked very great attention to "Immortal 3".;) An experience through a "Matrix-Sound" arranged sample storm combined with the typical Pinball Fantasies Sound and an excellent background which no one has remixed this way before.:) I can't remember what I could have done better here...Olof & Thomas I love you for this track!!!

Elfmania:

The game must be released after my Amiga time (in 1994) because I missed the game completely. I saw it later on WinUAE and I heard it was a game from Finland. But I really love the Beat in this game like the rest. Should be voted almost as a Highlight.:)

Overdrive:

I loved the original tune on the Amiga. It's another track which was never remixed before (I think). Alister did his job very well here and keeped the beatiful "chorus string" in background although (in my opinion) it seems to swapping a little bit. My hopings that the beat will be re-produced a bit more in "Dance style" wasn't complied too. But it's neverless another good part of this CD.:)

Ork:

I get this game when I already got my PC, still collection Amiga Games so I can remember this track and somehow this version sounds very cool. Every sample leads to another and there's nothing missing somehow...until maybe the last brilliant tick.;)

Leander:

I didn't play this game because I didn't count it to my favourite Amiga games. But it's another track which comtains a very matures arrangement, sounding very mediaeval.;)

Obsession - Desert Run:

I can't remember that there was a Amiga game like this but I'm estimating from the sound style that it was a scene demo. The typical "Enigma-Demo Samples" and "tune distortion" combined with the very cool new production sounds very perfect, even at the beginning and the end. One of the highlights on this CD!

Katakis:

Hmm...I listen this track again and again but I can't remember that it was a part from the Original, maybe I've overheard something when I played the Amiga Version until the end so I only can vote the sound style and it's surely very interesting, although no highlight as some other tracks I talked about before.

Super Cars 2:

I only had Part 1 of this game, so I can'r remember this track but I'm estimating that it isn't from title screen because it's a bit to slow.;) So I think it's from the shop maybe...it's a bit strange arrangement even with the drum and cymbal elements but I can't really enthuse myself somehow. :?

Rating: (6/10)

Trolls:

A nice and funny sounding track at the end of this CD, although I can't remember this tune because I only had this game very shortly. Unfortunately I can't get excited from this track because the lyrics don't fit really in this track as well as the "Moti Special" similar vocals, sorry Makke. :?

Rating: (5/10)
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Finally something small to bitch about the Cover: Very very cool artwork but no tracklisting at the back, so I must put out the front sleeve every time to get the track list.:(