OT: Where can I buy a C64-DTV?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Rick2525
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

OT: Where can I buy a C64-DTV?

Post by Rick2525 »

Apologies if this isn't the place to ask this sort of thing, but I feel this is the best information resource for everything C64. Since I'm from Australia, it's impossible to source anything C64 unless I go to hundreds of garage sales. Anyway, if I can't get the original C64 keyboard unit, then I will have to get the next best thing which is a C64-DTV.

I looked up the official website which states that they "access to the last remaining stock of the superior PAL version", however the asking price is 30pounds + 20pounds postage (which I estimate to be around $150Aus). Although there are a couple more online stores that claim to have it as well, does anyone know the best place (and price) to buy this unit from? Or if someone is feeling really generous, would they like to sell me a working original C64 unit? I already have a 1541 disk drive etc, and I was thinking of hacking the DTV unit if I'm feeling skilled enough.

Many thanks for all your dedication.
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

If you want a c64 for playing music etc. i'd advise you to look for a real one ( in those garage sales, or on ebay etc. ). This because the DTV doesn't have the soundfilters the original C64 had, so tunes from people like Martin Galway would sound like utter sh*te.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'