The Power-Ups cover C64 themes

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
scatter

The Power-Ups cover C64 themes

Post by scatter »

Hey,
I'm the synth player for a band called the power-ups that formed this summer to play a show of all video game theme music. I thought people on this website might dig the fact that we covered a few Commodore-specific themes.
We've got mp3s (we're a rock band, not a SID-remix thing) up at our website,
http://www.scattershot.org/thepowerups

go to the "music" page and they are there for download.

The tunes I put up on the site are "Conan" (from Datasoft, 1984, music by John Fitzpatrick), and "Dragon's Lair" (the C64 version, music by Colin Porch but based loosely on the arcade music). I also made a special page that has links to the opening and closing song from our live show, the opening theme music to the C64 version of Bubble Bobble.
http://www.scattershot.org/thepowerupsproject/C64.htm

I'm pretty sure the opening music in the Commodore version was not in the arcade at all (I think it's by Peter Clarke), and it's awesome. I threw that one on in a "studio" version and in the live recording from the end of our show, which is a bit more hyped-up...

It's really cool that there's a forum for C64 music here= feel free to contact us and say hi from the link on our website!

-Jeff
scatter

oops, wrong web address for the Bubble Bobble stuff

Post by scatter »

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Interesting... it's a huge contrast to PPOT, isn't it? Quite minimal...

Chris
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Not bad - it does sound like a TV theme tune/backing music in places, but it's an interesting take on a classic tune. (I wonder how many remixes of Bubble Bobble there are now?)
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live