Free Energy

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Free Energy

Post by Chris Abbott »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 31,00.html

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/video ... 93,00.html

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/video ... ew,00.html

Seems an odd way to run what most people believe is a scam. Most likely result I guess is that their findings are non-replicable, but throwing things open like they have and offering to fund scientists to do whatever experiments they like on the technology seems to me to be something done in good faith...

Should be interesting to see what results come back from the scientists who have accepted the challenge...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Raven Squad
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Raven Squad »

To be honest, i think it is totally bs. While i would like it to be true, its unlikely. IMO they may believe that they actually have done it or it is just big publicity stunt, either way i think that its not going to benefit world much.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

It's a great stunt isn't it!

I dunno about free energy, but there's much free publicity here!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

tas wrote:It's a great stunt isn't it!

I dunno about free energy, but there's much free publicity here!
... followed by ruin if the scientists they're paying find it to be false. I can't see how they could benefit if the claims aren't true, since they're not selling shares in the company until it's been proven to work.

Logically, PR should result in some financial gain for the company, but as far as I can see, it hasn't. That means that they expect it to work and be verified independently.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Though the idea of a dynamo, using the earth like a giant wheel to spin magnetic reels thus resulting in electric energy is a very simple and striking idea... there are issues left with it.

First of all, gravity as a natural force is the weakest of all known forces (you won't say that, if you are falling down a 30-story house but it's true). To make it worthwhile, the dynamo has to be of giant proportions.

Second: To use the magnetic field of the earth, the dynamo can't be placed on earth itself, it has to be a device in orbit like a giant ring, orthogonal to the magnetic field of earth. Again, a giant machine.

Did I miss something? Don't want to look like a smartass here... :wink:
All is lost.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Vosla wrote:Did I miss something? Don't want to look like a smartass here... :wink:

Too late. :wink:
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Oops. :wink:

Addendum:
In what way do they think to combine magnetic and gravitational waves to drive one machine? Magnetics and gravity are related, especially if you think of them as waves (just another energy form).

Do they have mastered gyromagnetics ? Have they bested Einstein and Stephen Hawking?

:lol:
All is lost.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

The chat log says the technology relies on magnetic fields only, not on gravitation.

I remember some dubious guy running a website about a device which would draw infinite power from vacuum. That guy was a total nutter, these new guys make a much more professional appearance. Anyway, this is one of the things too good to be true. And as always with those things: there's nothing you can grasp, no actual proof.

Edit: Here's the guy's website http://www.cheniere.org/toc.html
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

Of course what Steom didn't tell you is that it needs a C64 PSU to make their generator run ;)

They remind me of Nikola Tesla...

Mind you, Tesla had already invented the world before going on to make more dubious claims of Free Transmission of Energy and harnessing cosmic rays.