Gear manuals...

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Gear manuals...

Post by Razmo »

yeah... gear manuals and probably also manuals for softsynths I don't know.... but I find it funny, that they almost ALWAYS start them with the words "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE OF...."... now is this a normal way in english language to start out? ... I find it funny, and it gives me the impression that I should feel lucky that I purchased THEIR product! :sly: ... I can't help raise my eyebrow everytime I read this... :roll:

In fact I've only seen ONE manual that said: "Thank you for choosing the Machine Drum!" ... now that is the proper way to do it, if you ask me... but then again, that's a sweedish company... I was just wondering if it's normal procedure to write like this in countries with english language?

trivial stuff!? ... yeah... that's why I put it here... forgive me, it's 2:00 at night, and I'm bored! :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Most of my older gear were made in Japan and start the same way and have many grammatical errors in them. :)

Donkey Kong as an example is a loose translation of Stupid Monkey, they looked up Stupid in a Japanese dictionary and Donkey came up. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120