Thanks

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Thanks

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Just wanted to say my thanks to the people who took the time to review my Dutch Breeze/Robocop 3 remix: Sonic Wanderer, Infamous, and also CraigG.

It is always nice to get feedback, especially when it's from people who know their stuff.

Oh, and of course it doesn't hurt when reviewers are awarding good ratings.. :roll: :P , and I do agree with the (very minor) negative comments.

Also I've received a huge amount of amazing emails regarding the remix, it's quite a motivator. Unfortunately I don't have much time to do new remixes at the moment, so I guess that'll be it for now.

(this getting to sound a bit like a Grammy acceptance speak..): Thanks to my hairdresser, personal trainer, my dog walker, and the wonderful people at R64 and RKO. :wink:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Thanks

Post by DHS »

Lagerfeldt wrote:It is always nice to get feedback, especially when it's from people who know their stuff.
I understand the feeling. But people is strange :)

I got only one review for my highest chart tune (at the moment), Thanatos.

And 3 for the more praised (max headroom) that's in 26.

Life is weird :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

DHS wrote:I got only one review for my highest chart tune (at the moment), Thanatos.
And guess from whom it was :D

People are just speakless by your amazing work, so there's also only one review.

@Lagerfeldt: I will review your Magic Disk 09/90, of course. It's a must for me.
Markus
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Markus Schneider wrote:People are just speakless by your amazing work, so there's also only one review.
LOL. :D
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I guess the sporadic nature of reviews is often down to time. I myself am a freelancer, so any time I spend reviewing stuff for R64 is effectively money lost. Therefore, reviews tend to be done in small 'bursts', often composed of the latest that I've downloaded, but little else.

Hey, DHS - I might not have reviewed Thanatos, but it did make it onto my Retro CD! :)
StudioX64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Guilty as charged

Post by StudioX64 »

This is a message to both Lagerfeldt and DHS but really applies to everyone making remixes. I have to confess to being guilty as charged when it comes to reviewing tunes, and putting fingers to keys :) - I more often than not find myself listening to Sid remixes yet never bother to thank the people involved in making them. Certainly Lagerfeldt's Robocop remix has been in my playlist since I first downloaded it, I absolutely love it :) and DHS's tunes are never more than a single directory click away.

Myself, I enjoy writing music and for the first time I am just embarking on remixing some sid tunes (going very bad at the moment though :) I can only imagine at this stage how long it's going to take to get something sounding like Lagerfeldt's Robo-remix.

Anyway I am straying off topic now :) - I just wanted to say a big thanks, and assure you that you really do have silent listeners who find themselves in awe of your work! and enjoy listening to your songs again and again.

PK [StudioX64]