Bumper crop of suggestions

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
richard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Bumper crop of suggestions

Post by richard »

Hi All

for those of you taking to heart the words of Warren Pilkington... after listening through some (a lot, actually) of .SIDs on the weekend, I've come up with a few suggestions for great SIDs that don't seem to have been remixed as yet.

Censor_Crack_Intro.sid
Orion_Intro.sid
Hawkeye.sid perhaps a mix of subtunes 7 -> 12 for those into rhythm & bass? perhaps mixed with subtune 3?
SpijkerhoekB.sid, Spijkerhoek_3.sid
Beyond.sid (Hendriks)
Top_Trucker.sid (Tel) subtune 1
Robin_of_the_Wood.sid subtune 2

Cheers

-->Richard
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

A good thing to remember when you post remix sugggestions is to list the full path to the SID... Makes it a lot easier to find. Although search will do the job it would still be easier if the whole path was there... Just a suggestion :)
<--- I went that way --->
richard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by richard »

Larsec wrote:A good thing to remember when you post remix sugggestions is to list the full path to the SID... Makes it a lot easier to find. Although search will do the job it would still be easier if the whole path was there... Just a suggestion :)
Fair comment... just now even I had trouble finding the proper path to some of these SIDS so I can understand how it might be a problem for everyone else.

Anyhow here are my suggestions with full path info

hvsids-4.6\DEMOS\UNKNOWN\Censor_Crack_Intro.sid (unknown author)

hvsids-4.6\DEMOS\Orion_Intro.sid (M. de Rooy)

hvsids-4.6\Tel_Jeroen\Hawkeye.sid
( perhaps a mix of subtunes 7 -> 12 for those into rhythm & bass? perhaps mixed with subtune 3? )

hvsids-4.6\20CC\Spijkerhoek_3.sid

hvsids-4.6\FAME\Beyond.sid

hvsids-4.6\Tel_Jeroen\Top_Trucker.sid

hvsids-4.6\GAMES\M-R\Robin_of_the_Wood.sid

hvsids-4.6\Laxity\Ikari_Intro.sid

Richard
------------------
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
carlsson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by carlsson »

Regarding Ikari, how about /DEMOS/UNKNOWN/Ikari_Intro_Tune.sid, also known as the music cover(ed by)/of /Detert_Thomas/Pussy_Slapper.sid ?

(maybe Thomas himself has something to tell about which came first and if these two cover the same tune or eachother)
q__
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by q__ »

Spijkerhoek is a cover. The original can be found on lala's page http://lala.www3.50megs.com and is very hard to beat i think.