Creatures

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Creatures

Post by Chappers »

Bit off-topic for this forum (it's getting to be a habit on here, isn't it?) but this link is an indication of just how popular & collectable second-hand C64 software still is.

Shows what a good job John & Steve did. :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3072732340

Whoever pays up must be a very rich, eccentric person. Let's hope & pray he/she reads this board sometime and wants to donate. :wink:

Paul
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I think that price is more to do with the Fuzzy Wuzzy :)

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

subzero wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3656891141

Check out that crazy auction!!!

weird stuff, it seems that alot of people had to much money... :lol:
they should better buy some 64remix cds.... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
StudioX64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by StudioX64 »

I was just thinking the other day I needed a new folder :)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

subzero wrote:Check out that crazy auction!!!
:x I hate these "wacky" auctions, I think everyday someone does that folder one. It gets a little tired.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Chris Abbott wrote:I think that price is more to do with the Fuzzy Wuzzy :)

Chris
£50 for a Fuzzy Wuzzy? Whoever's bidding have to be barking!

How difficult would it be to get a Fuzzy Wuzzy nowadays? Can't that difficult, surely?

Paul
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Paul Chapman wrote:How difficult would it be to get a Fuzzy Wuzzy nowadays? Can't that difficult, surely?
They cost about 20p each - see http://tinyurl.com/2zgnt
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

CraigG wrote:
Paul Chapman wrote:How difficult would it be to get a Fuzzy Wuzzy nowadays? Can't that difficult, surely?
Cheers Craig.

Just proves my point that it's a bit OTT for getting Creatures + Fuzzy Wuzzy for £51. Still, where would the world be without some strange eccentric people like that out there - remix64 would be a virtual ghost town without them. :)

Paul
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I'll never understand the eBay bug. People often over-bid on things to ridiculous extremes. For instance, I did a search for Buffy DVDs and saw someone bidding on season 4 for £71. Sure, that's eight quid cheaper than in, say, HMV, but Play does those sets for £59.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

CraigG wrote:I'll never understand the eBay bug.
To a degree, Craig, I agree. It's the equivalent of people going to a car boot sale and not realising how much stuff actually is worth before handing their cash.

I can understand people bidding if the item is genuinely hard to get hold of, like when I sold my original of Last Ninja 2 complete with shuriken and mask as part of my C64 games clearout (I still have a fair few left if anyone's interested) and it went for almost £60. Now that I can appreciate as not every shop had the mask and shuriken in it...

It's knowing when to stop bidding and going over the top for an item that you can find cheaper online at the likes of Play, that's the trick. Most of the stuff I've bid for these days happen to be Christmas/birthday presents where I couldn't find stuff otherwise or pay through the nose for them.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

wazzaw wrote:
CraigG wrote:I'll never understand the eBay bug.
To a degree, Craig, I agree. It's the equivalent of people going to a car boot sale and not realising how much stuff actually is worth before handing their cash.

I can understand people bidding if the item is genuinely hard to get hold of, like when I sold my original of Last Ninja 2 complete with shuriken and mask as part of my C64 games clearout (I still have a fair few left if anyone's interested) and it went for almost £60. Now that I can appreciate as not every shop had the mask and shuriken in it...

It's knowing when to stop bidding and going over the top for an item that you can find cheaper online at the likes of Play, that's the trick. Most of the stuff I've bid for these days happen to be Christmas/birthday presents where I couldn't find stuff otherwise or pay through the nose for them.
Good points there Waz. I was getting Christmas & birthday presents through eBay as well but paid either reasonable or dirt cheap prices for them. Paying over the odds for stuff from eBay is just plain silly unless you've got an ever-expanding wallet to cope with doing so.

There's still more C64 stuff I'm always looking at & buying on eBay (got Microprose Soccer on disk for £3 last week!) but, fortunately, I can stop when it gets daft. I was watching the Creatures auction for a while when it was just under £5 with 2 days to go. Then the fun started and I beat a hasty retreat. :shock: :)

Paul
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

CraigG wrote:
Those fuzzies lood a tad bland, methinks. Wouldn't want one, even at 20p.

The one that I got in my Creatures box is much cuter. =)

- Clyde. Named after the great hero himself, Clyde Radcliffe.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Paul Chapman wrote:I was watching the Creatures auction for a while when it was just under £5 with 2 days to go. Then the fun started and I beat a hasty retreat. :shock: :)
I was thinking of Ebaying some of my old C64 games but I'm not sure if I can part with them! :oops:

I've got Creatures 1 & 2 on disk (complete with Fuzzies) in mint condition - I wonder what they would go for?!
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Kenz wrote:
Paul Chapman wrote:I was watching the Creatures auction for a while when it was just under £5 with 2 days to go. Then the fun started and I beat a hasty retreat. :shock: :)
I was thinking of Ebaying some of my old C64 games but I'm not sure if I can part with them! :oops:

I've got Creatures 1 & 2 on disk (complete with Fuzzies) in mint condition - I wonder what they would go for?!
and ive seen his fuzzy in mint condition :wink:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)