Pool of Radiance

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
ed314

Pool of Radiance

Post by ed314 »

It would be great if someone would do a full orchestral version of the opening theme to the SSI Dungeons and Dragons game Pool of Radiance.

I'm sure whoever did the Forbidden Forest remix would do a good job of it.

I have a rather crackly .wav file of the original music if anyone wants me to email it to them.
carlsson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by carlsson »

Agreed. The same song is also used in "Curse of the Azure Bonds". The original SID is only 1:40 long, but maybe there are ways to naturally extend or blend it with something else (Heart of Africa etc to make it all-Dave Warhol?) if more length is required.
Anders Carlsson
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

carlsson wrote:The original SID is only 1:40 long ..
The more I was searching for good and musically 'clean' SID's, the more I found that the best ones are very short and even under 01:00
(yo,yo there are always exceptions and it's my humble opinon).
Since I got so huge positive feedback on extending ("You fool, you can't make a 5:00 tune from a 0:50 SID!), I am really motivated for doing it :-) Errhmm, well NOT. I started several times but never got the right clue about it.

Anyway I appreciate Warhol's stuff very much and would be glad to sometimes an orchestral version of his tunes.
Markus
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

So true. Many great melodies are under 1 min. Anyone who can make a full length tune out of a 1 min piece and make it sound right in my book commands respect. However i think it's a different skill than just remixing.