Danger

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Nearly done

Post by C64GLeN »

I'm almost done, I wonder if this nice Mr Abbot would be interested in premiering it, for his "Premieres" Radio show (if he thinks it good enough of course)

How your efforts going Merman, had any progress?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, that's not quite how I envisaged the content of the show, but highlighting and reviewing remixes prior to their appearance on RKO (if they were submitted by their authors) would be a good thing. Might be fun :)

Chris
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

There's a piece I've finished called"Platoon_80s_rockband_mix". But I don't know if I've done enough to try it on RKO.

I'm also busy with remixing some music for Ovine by Design (http://www.ovine.net) and Jason Hirst (http://www.jasonmhirst.co.uk)...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

It's DONE!

Post by C64GLeN »

It's finally complete.
Chris Abbott wrote:Well, that's not quite how I envisaged the content of the show, but highlighting and reviewing remixes prior to their appearance on RKO (if they were submitted by their authors) would be a good thing. Might be fun :)
I'll email you a location you download the complete version from. BTW When is your show?
merman wrote:There's a piece I've finished called"Platoon_80s_rockband_mix". But I don't know if I've done enough to try it on RKO.
I sure if you want to post a link you'd get some feedback, then you could decide with submit to RKO or do further work on it.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.fish ... nd_mix.mp3

Inspiration came from the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Can't Stop", the intro sounds very much like the intro to this subtune from Platoon. It's not perfect, and I've forgotten some of the instruments I've used so I can't recreate it (I'm still using the demo version of FLStudio)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Chris, I sent you the link, Have you managed to have a listen...? (again don't be afraid of giving negative feedback, I'm not afraid of getting it)
merman wrote: Inspiration came from the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Can't Stop", the intro sounds very much like the intro to this subtune from Platoon. It's not perfect, and I've forgotten some of the instruments I've used so I can't recreate it (I'm still using the demo version of FLStudio)
Sounds very powerful and certainly gets your attention, it also has better instrument choice than your previous remixes (aside from the bass which sounds a little flat), like your previous remix it’s a note for mix which I think is the only thing I would change before attempting to submit this, it needs a little touch to make it “yours” and different from the original which of course is a 3 channel Sid.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Thanks again for the feedback. The plan is to buy the full version of Fruityloops and start doing some SERIOUS remixing, and not rely on SID2MIDI.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

good, good, it's a little shame we haven't had a little more encouragement.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Sorry I haven't had time to listen to your track yet: difficult to find the time when you're coughing your lungs out and feel like crap, and your daughter's just vomited on her mattress (again). I'm afraid life stuff has to take priority every time :( So I'd appreciate less pointed comments. I'm doing my best.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Also, I don't think I'm going to be able to find the time to do a regular radio show (for all the life stuff reasons and more). In the past couple of years I haven't been exactly timely and proactive, mostly because 80% of my energy is taken by home and family. I'm hoping it will balance out, in the future, but so far 2004 has just been one long illness for us. It's a struggle to keep optimistic, frankly. "Living the dream" is harder than it looks.

I'm still going to try and do a couple of one off shows, and maybe if my children miraculously develop good immune systems I'll have time to do more. I really want to, but there's all sorts of things I really want to do: BIT 4/5/6, the next BIT Live, FTC's album, and all of the really cool new stuff which we've got planned to the site revamp. Just got to keep ploughing on and hope people won't lose patience.

Chris
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Chris Abbott wrote:Sorry I haven't had time to listen to your track yet: difficult to find the time when you're coughing your lungs out and feel like crap, and your daughter's just vomited on her mattress (again). I'm afraid life stuff has to take priority every time :( So I'd appreciate less pointed comments. I'm doing my best.
Sorry Chris, I didn't mean to have a go at you I appreciate all your efforts, my point was I was only one giving feedback to Merman and considering my experience I'm probably not the best person to this :)

I certainly understand from experience that your children’s vomit comes first especially when they make the effort to do it on your bed! :(
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Aww! :(
I wish you & your family a better latter half of 2004.
Get well soon, all of you ! :)
All is lost.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

the track

Post by C64GLeN »

Chris Abbott wrote:FTC's album
Oh, I forgotten about this... Can't wait for it... :D

For the rest of you here is the preview version of the track. I'll put the full and complete version when RKO is back up (if it is acceptable)

Feedback would be welcomed
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Very clean samples. Painful at 0:30: was that in the SID? The melody sounds completely out of tune with the backing.

Might need more adding to it as the tune goes on rather than keeping the same orchestration all the way through. The melody goes iffy here and there: if you're following the SID then I don't like the SID ;-)

If you were Mahoney you already would have got 50 football fans and had Karin singing over the top of this one, along with a spare Barbershop Quartet for the interval ;-)

Other people, but not necessarily me, would have asked for more fills 'n stuff in the rhythm section.

Overall, clean but maybe needs more adding to compensate for the fact that the source material isn't great.

Phew, got there in the end. still feel like crap tho'.

Chris
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Feedback, Woo! Thanks

Post by C64GLeN »

Chris Abbott wrote:The melody goes iffy here and there: if you're following the SID then I don't like the SID ;-)
I was religiously followed the SID, I was a big of it, the music was the only reason I played Matchday 2 (God it was awful)
Chris Abbott wrote:If you were Mahoney you already would have got 50 football fans
Funny you should say that, I was thinking of adding crowd noise...
Chris Abbott wrote:Other people, but not necessarily me, would have asked for more fills 'n stuff in the rhythm section.
Ah yes, Drums, not really my strong point (or Music for that matter :D )
Chris Abbott wrote:Overall, clean but maybe needs more adding to compensate for the fact that the source material isn't great.

Thanks for the feedback Chris it is greatly appreciated, I know I don’t have a great musical talent, I certainly having a good try.

However I’m not good enough, I won’t make you are suffer like a certain Mr H.