RKO de-queued!

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RKO de-queued!

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Took a bit of time out of my exam schedule to dequeue files that were submitted to RKO before the upload feature had to be disabled (got countless amounts of aborted uploads, no thanks that that "Internal Server Error" thingy) ... so here's a some tunes for you all to enjoy.

Also, I have added some very-quick-very-ugly highlighting to the news section in the vague hope that it'll stop people e-mailing me about how to upload... And if it doesn't work I can always not bother replying without damage to my karma. =)
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Thanx for that Jan - great to see RKO getting back on its feet again. 8)

Good luck with your studies and exams dude.
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

:(

RKO is currently:

"Internal Server Error"
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by GeckoYamori »

Works fine for me
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I kept getting that. Try refreshing the page, it worked for me.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Kenz wrote:Thanx for that Jan - great to see RKO getting back on its feet again. 8)

Good luck with your studies and exams dude.
FULL ACK!!!

Thanks a lot, Jan!!! :D :D :D

And don't forget to relax from time to time! I'm almost through with my "exams" here and it drives me almost NUTS! (Orwhattheheckitscalledinenglishgoddammitnowineedsomebooze)
All is lost.
Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Yoshi »

Downloaded 6 newly released remixes.. then.. Internal Server Error.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Ive had the internal error thing, but as soon as it comes up I just reclick on a mix and it downloads fine

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

This Internal Error Thingie keeps popping up at (sparse) irregular intervals. Like a hickup. Having a retry always helped. Just beforehand the server responded sluggishly, then: Internal Error, then: Retry & there is the right page. Uhm.
All is lost.
gol
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gol »

btw can you maybe clarify this?
don't ... mix a SID with a song you didn't create, no matter how well you think tunes fit each other (New Orders "Confusion" + Last Ninja = Bad Idea(tm)).
I'm just not sure if it means with an original song, that is the song itself, or a song you didn't create, that is any song or your own cover of it.

Or to be more specific: I have that mix of the great giana theme with a cover of jarre's oxygene 8, but it's not the original oxygene 8 of course. Is this against the rules of submission?

thanks
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Take the given example: some time ago somebody submitted a remix to RKO which was basically Last Ninja combined with the main loop out of New Order's <i>Confusion</i> (Pump Panel Reconstruction Remix, best known from the blood-bath scene of Blade).

In this particular case, the "remixer" was even impudent enough to steal the Last Ninja part from Instant Remedy! :lol:

I guess PPOT's Comic Bakery boyband remix walks the borderline, since it uses samples of well-known boyband tunes, but in a very very creative way and adding loads of own input to it; thus making it valid.

About your remix, I think it's the way you employ the Oxygene cover in your remix. Do you only use loops and sounds from it to make your remix sound Jarre'esque, or do you employ the full Oxygene theme?

- Markus :)

PS: Jan, correct me if I wrote something wrong, please.
Last edited by LMan on 07/07/2004 - 4:04, edited 1 time in total.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

you could ofcourse always upload the track to your own webspace (if you have some) and let the remix64 visitors give you an opinion!
gol
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gol »

Do you only use loops and sounds from it to make your remix sound Jarre'esque, or do you employ the full Oxygene theme?
no, it's a cover, so it's a remake of Oxygene as much as it's a remake of the Giana Sisters song.

I'm just asking if that rule is about using samples (which I didn't) or the scores (which I did).
you could ofcourse always upload the track to your own webspace (if you have some) and let the remix64 visitors give you an opinion!
I did, in this forum, but it's better if the song at RKO, since it's kinda made for that
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Take the given example: some time ago somebody submitted a remix to RKO which was basically Last Ninja combined with the main loop out of New Order's <i>Confusion</i> (Pump Panel Reconstruction Remix, best known from the blood-bath scene of Blade).

In this particular case, the "remixer" was even impudent enough to steal the Last Ninja part from Instant Remedy! :lol:

I guess PPOT's Comic Bakery boyband remix walks the borderline, since it uses samples of well-known boyband tunes, but in a very very creative way and adding loads of own input to it; thus making it valid.

About your remix, I think it's the way you employ the Oxygene cover in your remix. Do you only use loops and sounds from it to make your remix sound Jarre'esque, or do you employ the full Oxygene theme?

PS: Jan, correct me if I wrote something wrong, please.
Nopes, that pretty much hits the proverbial nail right on the head.

@Gol: As you put it, your tune is just as much Oxygene as it's Giana Sisters. In which case I'd rather leave it off RKO. For the record I don't see anything wrong with creative use of samples (as per PPoT) or cloning Jarres sound (exhibit A: the entire "Sidologie" album).

Hope this clears up things.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:@Gol: As you put it, your tune is just as much Oxygene as it's Giana Sisters. In which case I'd rather leave it off RKO. For the record I don't see anything wrong with creative use of samples (as per PPoT) or cloning Jarres sound (exhibit A: the entire "Sidologie" album).
Yes yes, but it's Gol and he is my GOD so you should allow this one to be released on RKO! But only if he uploads me the zipped looped package :lol:

Seriously though - there is enough of Giana Sisters in there to make this an awesome remix - it's no worse than say Mahoney's - Rhaa Lovel II or Sanxion :twisted:
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org