Danger

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Nice so far Glen, like the hand-claps (although I agree with Chris - needs a bit more "footie" atmosphere). It's also a bit Pet Shop Boys/early Depeche Mode, so try and play that up a bit as well - could be a very nice mix.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I'm still working on this, well working on and off on it...

I'm happy with the progress it's nearly finished, but I can't get any crowds sounds that I think will suit it... Perhaps it will just have do to with out...
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

if you got a copy of championship manager hanging about that has some excellent football stadium atmospheres.. im sure you could do something with them.. thats if u got a copy of it of course lol.

or maybe someone else has? and would love to donate the sound fx.. i would but i snapped mine in a fit of "chelsea dont lose to bloody stoke" anger.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I've tried the sounds that come with CM4 but I could get them to work :(

Probably more my limitation than the sounds, but I will continue on... :)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

C64GLeN wrote:I've tried the sounds that come with CM4 but I could get them to work :(

Probably more my limitation than the sounds, but I will continue on... :)

that's the right way, don't give up !!!

cheers ifadeo
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I suspose I better finish this tune.... :oops:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Got a link so I can hear a preview?

I've been trolling / posting in these forums for at least 3 years, finaly getting some of my other projects completed and will one of these days having something remixed like I've been promising :)

Now here is a question that I have that I'm sure some of you know.

I've songs recorded on my Roland W-30 Sampling keyboard, some of the 3.5" Diskettes are failing on me, i've already lost some sampled sounds that i can no longer reproduce.

I'm trying to import the MIDI Data from these songs into Fruity Loops, reading through documentation and forums havent had any luck in figuring out how to Assign new Instruments or Samples.

I'm able to import my Midi Tracks into Fruity Loops but they automatically get General Midi instruments assigned and I cant figure out how to change them.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Zzapback
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: if any one is interested.

Post by Zzapback »

C64GLeN wrote: I'll let it slip that the tune I'm working on is the menu tune from Matchday 2.
EXCELLENT CHOICE!! Hurrah!

*Duh-Duh duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh-duh Duh-Duh*!
The future is Retro...(sorta)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Zzapback wrote:
EXCELLENT CHOICE!! Hurrah!

*Duh-Duh duh-duh-duh duh-duh-duh-duh Duh-Duh*!
Yes, thats the one.. Thanks!
Analog-X wrote:Got a link so I can hear a preview?
I did post a link a while ago, and it was played on TheZShow one time. I've almost completed the track, so I going to try and get in finished and uploaded the RKO soon.
Analog-X wrote:I'm able to import my Midi Tracks into Fruity Loops but they automatically get General Midi instruments assigned and I cant figure out how to change them.
Some of the Instrument you can drag on the the channels, or if that does not work. Create a new channel and copy and paste the midi data in.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Finished

Post by C64GLeN »

It's been almost a year, but I've finally uploaded Matchday II to Kwed. It's been a long journey, but my fingers are crossed for the final part.
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Boo Hoo

Post by C64GLeN »

Obviously crossing your fingers doesn't work, I got my rejection email on Thursday and to be honest I was gutted. Although I know I have very little musical talent I'd put a lot of effort into this mix.

So Here ends the C64 Remixing career of C64Glen, I start with the ambition of getting a mix on Kwed and played on SlayRadio and I achieved that with My Bombjack Mix (which Ironical took no time at all)

But rather than cry about, I going to learn from this experience and move on but before that I'd like to thanks all the people who gave me moral support during the making of this mix Andrew "merman" Fisher, Chris "Painful" :) Abbott, Kenz , Infamous, Tas, Subzero, ifadeo, Analog-X, Zzapback and everyone else.

Just as a Final Note, I would like to say I'm not in anyway bitter towards Jan, and the other members of the Jury (even the one who's comment was "oh dear" :oops: ) and I'm greatful for their continuing efforts.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I wouldn't give up on it mate. While, it's been rejected it did show some promise and to utilise this takes time and alot of practice.

I think with a little more experience, the mix would have been perfectly acceptable.

ofcourse, if your like me then you simply don't have the wilpower or the desire to learn it properlly.

anyway, thanks glen for having ago :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Don't give up Glen, try again...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Hey why stop it if you enjoy it and think you're making progress?
It doesn't have to be great, it just has to have elements of greatness. :~)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

yep, don't give up now !!!

i'm sure with a lttle more work your track got his place at RKO... :wink:

btw. i'm still wondering that my cheesy gina sisters remix pass the jury... :roll:

cheers ifadeo