Thrust finished and here

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Thrust finished and here

Post by Infamous »

http://www.vgmix.com/song_view.php?song_id=2239

released here due to the lack of rko submission ...

enjoy.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

LOVE the style..... the phasing is great too, i think the "BAD BOYS" sample is well overused.. other than that i absolutely LOVE THIS REhash !!
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

thanks matrix :-), its done pretty well over thare in vgm too (2nd teir).
With that badboy thingy i was thinking a london stylee and we have a habit of overdoing things down ere ;-).

anymore comments greatfully recieved.. and i look forward to rko coming back up :-D
Eliot
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Thrust finished and here

Post by Eliot »

Infamous wrote:released here due to the lack of rko submission ...
enjoy.
I recommand
"lame --vbr-new -q 2 -V 2 -m j -b 80 -B 320"
128kb is really outdated.

Why did you not mention the original composer @mp3-tag?

What except the SID is "Thrust"? ;-)

Eliot.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

erm ok.. 128kb is what they ask you to use over there and pretty much everywhere some of these exotic and high standard bit rates aint supported by all the sites that my stuff goes on so its easier to put it into the "outdated" 128kb.. if its that bad ill send u the wav version and you can encode it yourself to your hearts content.

also the entire thing is thrust.. in one way or another, if you play any of the mainlines you hear.. they would all sound exactly like the sid ish section at the beginning just with whatever instrument or weird noise you choose to play it with .. its just that i chose to not use any of the rest of it because its not a 1:1 interpretation its MY idea AROUND thrust.. what is commonly known as a "Remix".

i didnt put rob hubbard in the whatsit id3 tag cos if you dont know who did thrust by now then duh... but again feel free to fiddle.

but anyway thanks for listening to it.. any other comments?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Eliot:

Think your being a little petty really.... 128kbs isn't outdated, infact it's the most comonly used bitrate out there, because of file size etc.

Mp3 tags - Who really cares? i noticed on many reviews/shouts that you tend to downgrade songs that don't have proper tags, a little unfair IMHO. I can't say i even bother looking at them myself.

Also i agree with Infamous that is this what you would call a "REMIX", normally what you here are covers. and maybe infact the website here is actually wrong in calling itself Remix64, it should be called "Cover64", but that sounds crap ;)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

That's a solid Infy. Yup, the vocals are a bit repetive and it doesn't tingle my right senses but it's well executed, "yellow smiley" in R.K.O. terms. :)

128kbs is alright if the overall quality doesn't get chopped to death. Doesn't hurt in this case.

I would like filled-in tags but I won't go crazy if not.
I go mad when I got a remix and can't remember who made it! Sometimes it gets busy in my download folder, so I can't keep track of those unnamed files...
All is lost.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

I think its a nice gesture to include the original artist; someone unknown to this scene could come across the mp3. I wouldn't call anything above 128 kbs exotic, hardly. I think the poster means "pretty far from best available quality" with "outdated" -- but as you say, there are upload requirements so that argument is dead.

Now to the music. Not bad, it becomes better and better as it progresses and is the most interesting towards the end. I agree with one of the reviewers at vgremix that its a bit repetitive and I would appreciate more melody but all in all I enjoyed it. The basic rhythm is nice I just miss some more more variation. In fact the last part of the song is the best I think, because its more varied. Hope you found this a tiny bit constructive. :?
Eliot
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Eliot »

Tas wrote:128kbs isn't outdated
in times where broadband is commonly available I do not care on filesize, if it's 3.5 or 5mb does not matters. but 128kb is quite outdated ;-) but I care on quality... and vbr-encoding will do the job well ;-)

Eliot.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Infamous wrote:...
Is that a :shock: , a :cry: or a :roll: , Infy ?
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Eliot wrote:
Tas wrote:128kbs isn't outdated
in times where broadband is commonly available I do not care on filesize, if it's 3.5 or 5mb does not matters. but 128kb is quite outdated ;-) but I care on quality... and vbr-encoding will do the job well ;-)

Eliot.
Thats the key word there...."I", "I" is you and not "me", and "me" is "me" and not "I", and collectively "I", is not "US", so "US" does not equal "I", but instead equals "ME"+"US".

Hope thats cleared it up ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

vos m8 that was every face EVER all in one tiny moment followed by a deep deep sigh... deep from my bowels.

and neil.. aye that makes sense to me.

I does not mean WE .. unless your legion.. then your many but still merely an I. yes.