Them Girls (split from "Commodore has been sold")

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Them Girls (split from "Commodore has been sold")

Post by Analog-X64 »

Yep in the hands of the Right People in the community with the passion that drives I'm sure something good would come out of it.

Off Topic, but I recently saw a Atari2600 Revival Console. Its a little black box similar size to the original 2600 and it has 20 titles built into the console and comes with 2 controllers. I would buy one but wife would kill me :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Another one under the thumb - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - OMG! my lady knows i do my own thing, she respects my ability to do so, and i respect her ability to do same, we dont get in each others way, we just enjoy what life has to offer, and if that means buying a retro console - then SO BE IT lol ... :lol:

I never really GOT IT ya know....

I friend goes to Russia, meets a girl on holiday, makes her preggers, marries her, and brings her back to the uk. Suddenly, its like "i cant" all the time.... "she'll kill me"...., im like WHA !! ??

Another friend recently got married (or is that marred), suddently, its like he had a humour bypass !! i havent seen him laugh or go out since the one ring landed on his pinky !....

Another friend got married last year, he and his lass were AWESOME together, but since the marriage, they do nothing but argue, and both have "let go" of their looks......

Well, sorry, but if this is what married life is all about, id rather stay UN-Married lol..... (no offence, but ya know, i just saw a familiar pattern there and had to show my opinion on marriage - it seems to suck ...)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's kind of like with babies: before you have them, the only things which are easy to see about the experience are the negatives (loss of time, loss of money, loss of energy, pain of childbirth, stretch marks, tantrums, vomit, illness... The positives are more difficult to explain because we lack the vocabulary to describe the feelings we get from relationships.

Watching a two and a half year old play with her little toy horse doesn't sound like much set against the negative factors of having a child, but it makes it all worthwhile.

Marriage is the same kind of deal. The positives are deeper but more hidden than the negatives. Plus it needs work and compromise, so if you're not in the mood for either of them, it's probably best to avoid it!

Another analogy is it's like keeping Boz in the corner. Obviously he's another mouth to feed, but the intangibles are great. ;-) Well, OK, it's not much like that at all, but this was turning into an editorial, so Boz needed to put in a guest appearance ;-)

Chris
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

You don't need to be married to get into trouble...

My girlfriend goes Amok everytime I bring home another piece of "junk". I guess it's connected to two walls of our little home plastered with old games, computers and wierd RPG stuff including pointy metal things, helmets, cables, rows of books, Monty Python Flying Circus on tape and other things.

After a good exchange of nasty words at 150+ phon we have usually some agreement (that both try to circumvent at the slightest opportunity). That's why I have two computers my girl isn't aware of - one looks like a tupperware box and is placed between books, another one is built into a file folder and sits on a board high enough and out of reach of her. The next one (when I got enough junk to build it) will be tacked on the back of my workbench.

Still have trouble to conceal additional monitors because old CRTs are big and TFTs aren't cheap enough though I could conceal them in a file folder. Oh, my old gameboy (first thing she wanted to scrap) is hidden inside a teddybear (a gift from her, so she will never throw it away). I wonder if she is able to notice the fake wall / compartment in my wardrobe...

And everytime my girl is shopping on her own, small ugly porcelaine figurines appear from nowhere and deface the living room. But we have a cat that makes short work of such atrocities. Nyahaharrr...Oops. No, I didn't train it to do that, honestly! :twisted:

Another thing is our cellar. It's completely filled with cardboard boxes full of my very old stuff and six cardboard boxes full of her christmas stuff. And every year she complains that she needs more space for more christmas stuff! :roll:

I think I need a bigger home... or my girl needs her own. ;)
All is lost.
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

I have a little trouble justifying buying new music equipment (especially guitars) nowadays. It's not about the money, it's my money anyway so I can spend it how I see fit - but the space in our apartment is kinda limited. After 14 guitars she started asking if I really really need all of them. The solution?

I bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3768297917

No questions asked, went right through the approval process.

Sumppi
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

I already had a conversation with Sumppi about that topic, I got the very same problem.
(and we live together and got a child, so it's even more difficult and actually our money, I like to spend on guitars. :lol: )
I just bought me the No.12 :twisted: , 2 more and I got you Sumppi! :wink:

And no such fluffy powerpuffy stuff:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... RK:MEWN:IT

But there is also an easy solution: Just say something really nice to her and leave work a bit earlier a couple of days and that's it, all your wishes can come true. :) (I'm posting from work, it's 9:30 pm btw :) :? )
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Why so many guitars guys ?
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Matrix wrote:Why so many guitars guys ?
Because I can? ;)

Sumppi
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Seems fair :shock: Wish i could do that with keyboards or rackmount patch modules...
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

@Romeo Knight: you forget the flowers(no roses) and a good f...k, that
works for me.... :wink:

btw. meinst du wir schaffen es dieses jahr mit einem treffen ?? lass uns
mittwoch mal telefonieren.... :lol:

cheers ifadeo
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Matrix wrote:Seems fair :shock: Wish i could do that with keyboards or rackmount patch modules...
Actually, it does serve a real purpose too. While some of the guitars are mainly for collecting, others are suitable for different recording situations and deliver different sound for different styles.

I still have something like 8-10 guitars on my shopping list, mainly few single coils (a nice vintage or modern Stratocaster and a Tele even though I hate the looks) and something with P90 pickups (maybe a vintage Gibson). Also, 12 string acoustic would be nice as would Ovation and Martin acoustics for the different tonal qualities. And a nylon stringed one, maybe a nice Taylor. And a 12 string electric for the Stairway to Heaven moments. And both Variaxes. And so on...

Of course, you could always just ignore it all and go with one decent axe, but where's the fun in that;)

Sumppi
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Matrix wrote:Why so many guitars guys ?
And for a live performer there are several other reasons: Using a Floyd-Rose tremolo it's important to have an almost identical backup guitar if a string tears during a gig (what only happens if you don't have a backup guitar with you :x ) cos the guitar goes out of tune then. Makes 2. Then I began to have lower tunings for some songs so I needed at least another guitar - makes 3. In my earlier bands heaviest times I used to toss a (cheaper) guitar around at the end of a special song - makes 4 (it's fucked up now). Then I needed a 7-string to get this heavy low tuned sound and to make sure not to have so many guitars live :) cos I could play the older higher tuned songs on it, too. Then I needed one with a fixed bridge when we played in a foreign country so I didn't need to carry a backup guitar anymore. Makes 6. Then an acoustic, a 4- and a 5-string bassguitar and not to mention my first guitar from a second-hand-shop that is crappy but was enough for teaching me the basics. 10. 11 and 12 are for enthusiast's reasons. That's it. Sounds completely logical IMO :lol: !
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

ifadeo wrote:@Romeo Knight: you forget the flowers(no roses) and a good f...k, that works for me.... :wink:
Hope you get sure it works for your girl too :lol:
You're right with the flowers btw.
btw. meinst du wir schaffen es dieses jahr mit einem treffen ?? lass uns
mittwoch mal telefonieren.... :lol:
Ist heut Mittwoch? Na dann bis gleich....