Sidologie

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tripsitar

Sidologie

Post by tripsitar »

hey everybody. i'm not sure if this is in the right forum-section, so feel free to move it if you're a mod :). i'm after a CD called "Sidologie" by Marcel Donné, but can't find it for sale anywhere. does anyone know where i can buy or otherwise obtain it? i've heard a sample track, and it's excellent :)

thanks all,
-duncan
relax
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Ever heard of this greedy guy who's running a spamming website called www.c64audio.com?

I'm pretty sure you can get your copy there... :wink:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
tripsitar

Post by tripsitar »

haha well i don't get the joke :oops:, but thanks for your help :D!

...yep, i really don't get it :?
relax
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Hey there,

Try this link then http://www.c64audio.com/c64cds.php and scroll down a wee bit.

Oh, and thanks for showing interest :D

Marcel
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yeah, I just got some more spammy copies in :) If the link doesn't work, tell me. Plus I just reduced the price to an extremely greedy £9.99 from the previous extortionate price of £10.99*

Chris

* Irony.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

tripsitar wrote:haha well i don't get the joke :oops:, but thanks for your help :D!

...yep, i really don't get it :?
Hehe, the joke is that I'm not a greedy guy running a spamming website, but some of the hardcore C64 fanbase would rather I didn't sell anything at all :)

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

And oddly enough id rather you sold more :)

Funny world eh ?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Chris Abbott wrote: Hehe, the joke is that I'm not a greedy guy running a spamming website, but some of the hardcore C64 fanbase would rather I didn't sell anything at all :)

Chris
OUCH!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

Any chance of a new CD influenced by Gary Numan. Or am I just talking out of my arse ?
tripsitar

Post by tripsitar »

thanks for all your help, everybody. and uh...what's wrong with making money? if you're paying royalties for the use of the original C64 songs (and i don't know how you couldn't be...), then i can't see anything wrong with it. granted, you're probably not paying royalties to jmj/vangelis, but i think they probably have enough money already :wink:, and probably don't know your cd exists, so it's not a problem. i think what you've done is great! and to mr abbott, i think what you're doing is also a good thing :)

-duncan
relax
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

<<<
see anything wrong with it. granted, you're probably not paying royalties to jmj/vangelis, but i think they probably have enough money already :wink:, and probably don't know your cd exists, so it's not a problem. i think what you've done is great! and to mr abbott, i think what you're doing is also a good thing :)
>>>
Thanks! Actually, we don't have to pay royalties to JMJ or Vangelis because Marcel didn't use any of their songs: it's OK to sound like them if you play a different song with the sounds :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Driller wrote:Any chance of a new CD influenced by Gary Numan. Or am I just talking out of my arse ?
You know, Makke's CD is probably the nearest you'd get: and ironically, it's the next CD release! Well, I never :)

Chris
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

You know, Makke's CD is probably the nearest you'd get: and ironically, it's the next CD release! Well, I never
Well, I *will* be at the mini BiT in September :) I'll have a look (listen?) at it!