Anyone remember this c64 game?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Paul Vanukoff

Anyone remember this c64 game?

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

It was a space game.

The game took place in a circular "viewport" in the middle of the screen with various meters and indicators around it.

In this viewport the graphics were all white-on-black 2D wireframes. You would control your ship with the joystick, which to my memory was basically just a triangle, and travel through the galaxy, visiting planets, shooting baddies and I think trading (?) but don't remember 100%. I remember there were "asteroid" belts which were basically a bunch of squares on the screen I think.

Anyway, does anyone remember this? I remember my brother and I used to play it for hours.
Paul Vanukoff
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Well unless you're talking about 'Elite' (which seems too obvious), my money is on 'Space Hunter' by Mastertronic...

On the subject, WHY is the Space Hunter music not available on the HVSC? Why God, WHY??!!

Tonka
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

No, I know the one he means, and it wasn't Elite... unless he's got his platform wrong, it wasn't Federation of Free Traders either, (though certain elements of the FoFT HUD were circular).

It was the other one, the one without hidden line removal.

Gah! What was it?
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Sounds like "Empire" by Firebird to me... was given away on Commodore Format's covertape as well.

http://www.gb64.com/game.php?id=2496&d=18&h=0
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Bog wrote:No, I know the one he means, and it wasn't Elite... unless he's got his platform wrong, it wasn't Federation of Free Traders either, (though certain elements of the FoFT HUD were circular).

It was the other one, the one without hidden line removal.

Gah! What was it?
Oh yeah - the clue was when he said 2D wireframes and not, erm, 3D wireframes! :oops:

I changed my mind - I recon it's that one wot Merman said... :lol:

Tonka
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Tonka wrote: On the subject, WHY is the Space Hunter music not available on the HVSC?
Because it didn't play until you entered a port, which led a lot of people to believe there was no music. However yours truly ripped it recently (it smacks of David Dunn BTW) and it should be in the next HVSC Update hopefully :)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Waz wrote:
Tonka wrote: On the subject, WHY is the Space Hunter music not available on the HVSC?
Because it didn't play until you entered a port, which led a lot of people to believe there was no music. However yours truly ripped it recently (it smacks of David Dunn BTW) and it should be in the next HVSC Update hopefully :)
YYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAA!!! I've got it MP3'd somewhere, but HVSC is ssssoooo much more convenient for most occasions :)

I'm pretty certain it's the Dunn-meister, too - can spot him a mile off!

Tonka
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

It WAS Empire, thanks merman!!! :D
Paul Vanukoff